ST: Tubby Smith's Texas Tech team knocks off another Top 25 opponent

Remember GW's quote that he kept repeating over and over? Something along the lines of "'bout to get real, real ugly down there in Lubbock." Ha, what a dipsh1t.

One could argue it got uglier before it got better. Tubby had to struggle in order to put his pieces together and now they've got something, but yes GW was and is still a dip****

I propose we ban this asshole will mods do it if enough people second the motion. thought this was a site for gopher fans, people have been banned for less on here

Just add him to your ignore list and try to avoid when people quote him.

He's one of the many newly active BB posters around here that don't add to the overall conversation and are just negative to be a dink. It's one thing to be down on the coach and provide justification it's a completely different thing to respond to every post about anything bball related with a completely negative spin on things.

I am sure this wont be read by Mr Winasota because I am probably on his ignore list, but I have a hard time understanding why he and many others get upset when people voice their frustration with the lack of progress with the basketball program and "spin things more towards the negative side". I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is not much to be positive about. IN basketball and in life things are not always positive.

For the Gophers, they have gotten worse every year under Pitino and that is just a fact. We can all talk about how good on paper our recruiting class looks but Tim Brewster proved that a top recruiting class doesnt mean anything until they step on the field and make an impact, AND see if the coach knows how to use them. So far I am not sold on Pitino being a good catch.

Lets not forgot next years team is going to be led by a total of 3 guards on the squad. Mason, Dorsey and McBryer are the only true 1 and 2 guards on the team. Dorsey and McBryer both are shooting about .150% from the 3 point line. With having zero depth at guard next year and the guards we do have being below average shooters, winning games in the Big10 is going to be extremely difficult.

Anyone who tells me Hurt and Coffey can shoot are just not seeing the full picture. How often does you see a true freshman in the Big10 make an impact? Very rare, so to rely on them to help us improve our shooting and stretch the defense at this point is not realistic. I would be shocked to see the Gophers get 6 or more wins next year in the Big10. NIT here we come.

We can all talk about how good on paper our recruiting class looks but Tim Brewster proved that a top recruiting class doesnt mean anything until they step on the field and make an impact, AND see if the coach knows how to use them.

Football and basketball are two different animals, but Brady Hoke is another great example.

I am sure this wont be read by Mr Winasota because I am probably on his ignore list, but I have a hard time understanding why he and many others get upset when people voice their frustration with the lack of progress with the basketball program and "spin things more towards the negative side". I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there is not much to be positive about. IN basketball and in life things are not always positive.

For the Gophers, they have gotten worse every year under Pitino and that is just a fact. We can all talk about how good on paper our recruiting class looks but Tim Brewster proved that a top recruiting class doesnt mean anything until they step on the field and make an impact, AND see if the coach knows how to use them. So far I am not sold on Pitino being a good catch.

Lets not forgot next years team is going to be led by a total of 3 guards on the squad. Mason, Dorsey and McBryer are the only true 1 and 2 guards on the team. Dorsey and McBryer both are shooting about .150% from the 3 point line. With having zero depth at guard next year and the guards we do have being below average shooters, winning games in the Big10 is going to be extremely difficult.

Anyone who tells me Hurt and Coffey can shoot are just not seeing the full picture. How often does you see a true freshman in the Big10 make an impact? Very rare, so to rely on them to help us improve our shooting and stretch the defense at this point is not realistic. I would be shocked to see the Gophers get 6 or more wins next year in the Big10. NIT here we come.

I doubt 6 wins in the Big 10 would result in an NIT berth. As an aside, if the Gophers got to the NIT next year I would be extremely encouraged after the misery from this year.

Also regarding Tubby, I don't think it is just him that was energized by going to Lubbock but also his staff.

This year alone: Murphy, Thomas Bryant, Stone, McQuaid, Lyle, Swanigan... This is just off the top of my head I didn't even have to look any of these up.
Also Coffey wanted to be recruited as a PG or at the least a SG. He is part of the 1 or 2 mix for next year.

This year alone: Murphy, Thomas Bryant, Stone, McQuaid, Lyle, Swanigan... This is just off the top of my head I didn't even have to look any of these up.
Also Coffey wanted to be recruited as a PG or at the least a SG. He is part of the 1 or 2 mix for next year.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot Deyonta Davis too at 2.0 blk/g that's important

I propose we ban this asshole will mods do it if enough people second the motion. thought this was a site for gopher fans, people have been banned for less on here

Would love that. He's quickly moved up the ranks for most obnoxious and repetitive poster who does nothing more than complain about the team and Pitino.

Top Bottom