Statement from Beth Goetz, officially throwing her hat in the AD ring.

Good for her wanting to be considered for the AD job.

My early on favorite is Beth Goetz unless proven otherwise.

She has proven to be a very capable administrator who runs the Athletic Department smoothly and is cognizant of the issues.

Can she be a strong leader with a clear vision? Is she a capable people person with fun raising ability? Can she make difficult tough decisions, fire people, and shake up the organization if warranted?

One of the frequent criticisms I read on GH (ala Carter) is the lack of accountability when it comes to measurable expectations for every athletic department employee. I don't know if anyone can change the culture overnight. Jerry Kill has proven that it can be done with the football team.

The University has obligations to find the best possible candidate. Therefore, the open search is needed. IMHO, they have an advantage since they already have one very capable internal AD candidate. But, she is definitely not shoe-in.

Good for her wanting to be considered for the AD job.

My early on favorite is Beth Goetz unless proven otherwise.

She has proven to be a very capable administrator who runs the Athletic Department smoothly and is cognizant of the issues.

Can she be a strong leader with a clear vision? Is she a capable people person with fun raising ability? Can she make difficult tough decisions, fire people, and shake up the organization if warranted?

One of the frequent criticisms I read on GH (ala Carter) is the lack of accountability when it comes to measurable expectations for every athletic department employee. I don't know if anyone can change the culture overnight. Jerry Kill has proven that it can be done with the football team.

The University has obligations to find the best possible candidate. Therefore, the open search is needed. IMHO, they have an advantage since they already have one very capable internal AD candidate. But, she is definitely not shoe-in.

Probably not as able as the guy before her.

Good. Hire her and save money add get it over with. There's no reason why she can't do a good job and the U can avoid an Illinois type of lawsuit in the future.

Top Bottom