Statement from Beth Goetz, officially throwing her hat in the AD ring

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Does anybody have connections that know Goetz' current opinion on Pitino's fate?

Does anybody have connections that know Goetz' current opinion on Pitino's fate?

If Kaler doesn't have a permanent AD in place until July 1 Pitino's not going anywhere, personally I believe he deserves to coach his most talented recruited class and the transfers he brought in next year, but that's besides the point. No clue how Goetz feels about Pitino's abilities on the sideline, but I highly doubt she's going to make a move before the AD is announced. A new AD will want to evaluate the department for his or hers self and I doubt a candidate with options will want to come here if Goetz can't promise stability. Regardless of how this year finishes and how next year plays out this job will be more attractive in March of 2017 than it is today

I think this situation absolutely requires a stupid and futile gesture be done on somebody's part.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We need a U of M grad!!!! Not from Clemson
How about Lee Hutton !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Kaler doesn't have a permanent AD in place until July 1 Pitino's not going anywhere, personally I believe he deserves to coach his most talented recruited class and the transfers he brought in next year, but that's besides the point. No clue how Goetz feels about Pitino's abilities on the sideline, but I highly doubt she's going to make a move before the AD is announced. A new AD will want to evaluate the department for his or hers self and I doubt a candidate with options will want to come here if Goetz can't promise stability. Regardless of how this year finishes and how next year plays out this job will be more attractive in March of 2017 than it is today
If the Wild can fire Mike Yeo after losing 13 out the last 14 games, then the U should fire Pitino now.
http://www.1500espn.com/wild-2/2016/02/reports-wild-fire-head-coach-mike-yeo/
Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom