Sid Hartman: Recovering Leidner eager to get back at it for U

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Gophers quarterback Mitch Leidner said he believes he will be able to participate in some of spring practice despite having surgery on his left foot in January.

“Hopefully I’ll be able to do about three weeks of it after spring break,” Leidner said Thursday as he took time out to visit while playing catch with former teammate and current Baltimore Ravens tight end Maxx Williams.

The Gophers all of a sudden have a lot of competition at quarterback between Leidner, who has started 29 games over the past three seasons; sophomore backup Demry Croft; and incoming freshman Seth Green, who was rated as one of the best high school quarterbacks in the country.

Leidner said that it’s unfortunate he will have to miss any part of spring practice, particularly because he’ll miss out on working with the team’s new offensive coordinator, Jay Johnson.

“It will hurt me, definitely, especially with the new offensive coordinator, but I’m hoping that I’ll be able to eventually do some stuff after spring break,” Leidner said.

http://www.startribune.com/recovering-leidner-eager-to-get-back-at-it-for-u/368560141/

Go Gophers!!

Someone needs to make him throttle it back a notch. Trying to come back too soon = lingering injury or re injury. Just take it easy for chrissakes. Your position is secure. We need you to be back to 100% mobility this season.

Top Bottom