De'Vondre Campbell, Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Eric Murray were invited to NFL Combine

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Good for them. Only other guy that may have had a shot were Cochran and Johnson but didn't really expect either to get one

Good for them. Only other guy that may have had a shot were Cochran and Johnson but didn't really expect either to get one

I thought Maye had a better shot than Cochran and Johnson.

Serious question... are kickers or punters invited to the combine?

My guess is DC26 will show very well at the combine. Glad he got the invite!

Serious question... are kickers or punters invited to the combine?

I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Mortell would get an invite as a holder! In all seriousness, that is a good question.

I thought Maye had a better shot than Cochran and Johnson.

Yea based on the Senior Bowl stuff that's probably true. I've never thought Maye was a legit NFL prospect until he started getting the Sr Bowl love though. Thought Cochran was 2 years ago but he never got better and was basically an average player the last 2 years. Liked Johnson as well as a good college safety but not sure he does any 1 thing well enough to be an NFL prospect but could see him sticking somewhere as just a solid all around guy

If you haven't already watched it, last year's "Undrafted" TV series (from the NFL channel) had a lot of Minnesota connections in it -- worth the watch

If you haven't already watched it, last year's "Undrafted" TV series (from the NFL channel) had a lot of Minnesota connections in it -- worth the watch

If I recall they had a DT who's name I forget because he almost never played for us chasing his NFL dreams which seemed just ridiculous to me. Like dude was a 3rd string DT his whole career but was putting all that time and energy into trying to make the league

If I recall they had a DT who's name I forget because he almost never played for us chasing his NFL dreams which seemed just ridiculous to me. Like dude was a 3rd string DT his whole career but was putting all that time and energy into trying to make the league

Harold Legania - yeah, pretty strange to have him on there given that he couldn't even stay on defense here for a mid-tier Big Ten team.

I think the scouts want to get a better handle on Campbell's measureables. He's a tremendous athlete, but scouts want to see how tremendous because that will be his calling card in the draft. He hasn't been as consistent on the field as most scouts would want to see, but someone will always take a chance on a plus-plus size/speed combination.

I think the scouts want to get a better handle on Campbell's measureables. He's a tremendous athlete, but scouts want to see how tremendous because that will be his calling card in the draft. He hasn't been as consistent on the field as most scouts would want to see, but someone will always take a chance on a plus-plus size/speed combination.

He's so raw that his only chance is to make it onto a practice squad and work his way up. Perhaps a special teamer at best?

Yeah I also thought Antonio Johnson had a great season, but maybe he is too short and not quite fast enough to play safety in the NFL?

He's so raw that his only chance is to make it onto a practice squad and work his way up. Perhaps a special teamer at best?

I think that's why the scouts really want to see what he has athletically. He's a projection over production guy, but if his speed/strength/agility numbers impress at the combine, I think he'll get drafted. Pro game has become so specialized that he could develop into a situational player.

I think that's why the scouts really want to see what he has athletically. He's a projection over production guy, but if his speed/strength/agility numbers impress at the combine, I think he'll get drafted. Pro game has become so specialized that he could develop into a situational player.
There are passing situation packages that empathize what Campbell does well. I can see him being useful in those situations, that plus special teams, could earn him a roster spot. At the very least it will get him a late round selection.

De'Vondre was productive as a gopher. Of course he has a lot of room for improvement but he absolutely realized a lot of his potential over his three years here. Plus the NFL is a league much better suited for his skill set than the Big Ten west.

Top Bottom