ESPN: Recruiting wrap: Minnesota Golden Gophers (Biggest need remaining: Cornerback)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Team’s biggest need heading into signing day: Wide receivers

How Minnesota addressed the need: The worst news on signing day for the Gophers was Dredrick Snelson's flip to Central Florida. The ESPN 300 receiver had maintained he was committed to Minnesota until late in the process, and he could have helped at a position where the team needs playmakers, especially after KJ Maye graduated.

The Gophers did hold onto Drew Hmielewski, a 6-foot-2, 190-pounder projected to play receiver, and a 6-foot-4 project in Tamarion Johnson, plus some other athletes who could slide into the position. But the team will likely rely on some younger players already on campus stepping into larger roles, such as sophomores Rashad Still, Melvin Holland Jr. and Isaiah Gentry, as well as a possible return to health by senior Drew Wolitarsky.

Biggest need remaining: Cornerback

Losing both Eric Murray and Briean Boddy-Calhoun to the NFL draft is a tough proposition. Both guys were All-Big Ten performers who combined to form arguably the best cover duo in the league. Minnesota brought in some defensive backs in this class, including Kiondre Thomas, Coney Durr and Antoine Wilson. Jalen Myrick could also be primed for a big year as a senior. Still, they have some big shoes to fill.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/130541/recruiting-wrap-minnesota-golden-gophers

Go Gophers!!

Who is Antoine Wilson?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

He may have Tyler and Tamarion Johnson mixed up. From what I saw on that All-Star film, Tyler Johnson could really develop into something at WR.

At one point ESPN did have Tamarian listed as a WR

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Unintentionally hilarious. Bennett, there is a position at BTN for you if this ESPN blog thing does not work out.

Antoine Wilson! He can join the pantheon of imaginary players from Dienhart. I hope he is as good as his daddy.

Unintentionally hilarious. Bennett, there is a position at BTN for you if this ESPN blog thing does not work out.

Antoine Wilson! He can join the pantheon of imaginary players from Dienhart. I hope he is as good as his daddy.

4006488-wilson.jpg

Unintentionally hilarious. Bennett, there is a position at BTN for you if this ESPN blog thing does not work out. Antoine Wilson! He can join the pantheon of imaginary players from Dienhart. I hope he is as good as his daddy.

Wade?

It looks like they have edited the article

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Top Bottom