The Rachel Banahm scored 60 points thread...because she deserves her own thread!

GopherLady

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Happy I got to watch history.

Great game.

She beat her career high point game by 21 pts. WOW

To bad Nia didn't come to Minnesota. We could really use her front court ability. Banham wants the dance so bad; she is carrying this team. Today she got that "Whalen look" in her eyes during crunch time .

Incomparable!!!! Rachel's post game radio and TV interviews were excellent. And I think Stephanie changed her opinion on Rachel's WNBA game as the afternoon wore on.

Glad I watched todays game but having watched her over the past 5 years it is not surprising. She tied NCAA record today and willed us to win. I went to a women's pre-season party and had her sign a ball. I was smiling looking at that today. She was very gracious and it sounds like the Lynx may trade up for her. Rachel for All-American!

Glad I watched todays game but having watched her over the past 5 years it is not surprising. She tied NCAA record today and willed us to win. I went to a women's pre-season party and had her sign a ball. I was smiling looking at that today. She was very gracious and it sounds like the Lynx may trade up for her. Rachel for All-American!

That would make the Lynx a lot of money.

Great to see her hard work pay off.

Is the 60 pts a women's record, or women's and men's record?

Banham is just fun to watch great performance today that puts here in the record books which she deserves.

Amazing to see. Hard not to think what could have been with Zahui B.

There's a really neat thing on the internet called Google Search... give it a try.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Don't be an ass. If you know, tell him the answer. If ya don't, stfu. Naughty boy.

Very confident, yet modest in the interview.

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, was it Banham who had the ball at the end of the game? Whomever had it appeared to be fouled with about 1 or 2 seconds left. (Not complaining about the refs, just thought, well, maybe one more trip to the line....)

Nadine, c'mon now, it's Banham.

Looking at the B1G media guide these were the top scorers in conference games before Rachel’s 60.

49 Kelly Mazzante (PSU) against Minnesota 2001

44 Anucha Brown (NU) against Minnesota 1985

43 Asley Berggern (ILL) against Minnesota 1996

42 Sam (the annoying but good) Prahalis (OSU) against Minnesota 2012 (on OSU senior day if I recall) There were two other tied at 42 but not against the Gophers.

It’s great to finally see Minnesota on the positive side of the ledger.

Very confident, yet modest in the interview.

At the risk of sounding ridiculous, was it Banham who had the ball at the end of the game? Whomever had it appeared to be fouled with about 1 or 2 seconds left. (Not complaining about the refs, just thought, well, maybe one more trip to the line....)

Nadine, c'mon now, it's Banham.

I just looked at the replay. It was Banham with the ball in the corner surrounded by Wildcat's Rohde and Jamison. Referee Mark Resch wasn't going to call the minimal contact. Earlier in the game?-perhaps.

There for a moment I thought I'd been misspelling Banham all these years.

There's a really neat thing on the internet called Google Search... give it a try.

Pretty clever...you should use Google to search how many times others have used this same post for an attempt at a$$hole-type sarcasm.

Awesome for Rachel!!!!

Pretty clever...you should use Google to search how many times others have used this same post for an attempt at a$$hole-type sarcasm.

Awesome for Rachel!!!!
Great advice! I will...

http://dailynorthwestern.com/2016/0...ncaa-scoring-record-in-win-over-northwestern/

Northwestern tried everything to slow down Rachel Banham. The Wildcats rotated defenders, sent double teams and were in her face just about every time she shot the ball. But none of it worked.

Banham, Minnesota’s all-time leading scorer, made more history Sunday afternoon. She tied an NCAA record with 60 points in the Gophers’ (16-7, 8-4 Big Ten) 112-106 double overtime victory over NU (14-10, 3-9). The senior guard shot 19-for-32 from the field, including eight 3-pointers, and knocked down 14 free throws.

“There were times where she just, no matter who we put on her, she just started making shots,” said Wildcats’ coach Joe McKeown.

Wit was a very exciting game to watch. Good for her and nice win for gophers.

Banham ties NCAA record with 60 points in double-OT victory

Northwestern put up one last shot as time ran out in the second overtime, and Rachel Banham rebounded the miss. It was her ball, her game.

Banham, the Gophers’ fifth-year senior guard, had just put on one of the best scoring displays in the history of women’s college basketball. She tied the NCAA record for points in a game with 60 in the Gophers’ 112-106 victory over the Wildcats on Sunday at Welsh-Ryan Arena in Evanston, Ill.

http://www.startribune.com/banham-ties-ncaa-record-with-60-points-in-double-ot-victory/367980741/

Really amazing about her performance was that she forced nothing and did it in a really competitive and important game. It would have been very Minnesota like for a record like that to come in a loss. Shows a lot about Rachel's heart and will to win. I thought they were dead at least twice (end of game and first overtime) and she just lifted the team up for victory. Most amazing performance I have ever seen live (on TV) in any game.

Top Bottom