GopherHole's Sports Hudde . . . Oops!

DL65

Reaction score
Shortly before 10:30 a.m. I turned on the Sports Huddle; however, Tracy Claeys had appeared during the first hour of the weekly show instead of his usual 10:30 a.m. time slot. So I regret that I don't have a recap this week. Dave Mona was not on the Sports Huddle today - Chad Hartman filled in for Dave - if he had been, I'm confident he would have alerted me of the time change of Tracy Claeys appearance.

To Gopherholers who listened to today's Tracy Claeys segment, maybe you could supply a recap.

Go Gophers!!

Thanks, DL. Maybe we can get some bits and pieces from others. There is a podcast too, isn't there? You still the man, DL.

OK, I'll give this a shot. Disclaimer - I was listening to this in bed and not taking notes.

Chad H asked TC about any surprises in last week b4 NSD. TC mentioned Snelson (didn't say name, but it was clear who he was talking about), and the kid (Thomas?) who went to Auburn. TC did say the kid made it clear that he would go to Auburn if Auburn offered. Otherwise, he would have gone to the Gophs.

Sid asked about Seth Green. TC said big kid, athletic, good arm. "Needs to improve his accuracy." Said Green is the model for what he wants at QB - "able to extend plays with his legs." Said Green and Croft will get most of the reps this Spring. Also said the other QB who signed (Williams?) was due to the new OC being familiar with him. Thought he was a sleeper. Also said he wanted 4 QB's on roster.

In general, TC said he liked the signing class. Thought the team would be better - more athletic - going forward. Said they will go through Spring practices and a couple of weeks into Fall practice before putting together a depth chart.

said "The people who give us the best chance to win will be on the field." (that may have been in reference to a question about red-shirting Green)

Asked about current schedule - TC is (or will be) going to Florida with Beth Goetz to do some fund-raising. Then, back to the midwest for a B1G FB coaches meeting.

And the ha, ha moment: Chad asked TC if Sid really sends him Murray's certificates. TC said, "I don't keep count, but I think I've got a few in my desk somewhere."

that's what I can remember. Segment went about 10 minutes or so. Then they talked to T-Wolves coach Sam Mitchell to finish out the 9:30-10:00 segment. No explanation of the change in time for the Claeys segment.

OK, I'll give this a shot. Disclaimer - I was listening to this in bed and not taking notes.

Chad H asked TC about any surprises in last week b4 NSD. TC mentioned Snelson (didn't say name, but it was clear who he was talking about), and the kid (Thomas?) who went to Auburn. TC did say the kid made it clear that he would go to Auburn if Auburn offered. Otherwise, he would have gone to the Gophs.

Sid asked about Seth Green. TC said big kid, athletic, good arm. "Needs to improve his accuracy." Said Green is the model for what he wants at QB - "able to extend plays with his legs." Said Green and Croft will get most of the reps this Spring. Also said the other QB who signed (Williams?) was due to the new OC being familiar with him. Thought he was a sleeper. Also said he wanted 4 QB's on roster.

In general, TC said he liked the signing class. Thought the team would be better - more athletic - going forward. Said they will go through Spring practices and a couple of weeks into Fall practice before putting together a depth chart.

said "The people who give us the best chance to win will be on the field." (that may have been in reference to a question about red-shirting Green)

Asked about current schedule - TC is (or will be) going to Florida with Beth Goetz to do some fund-raising. Then, back to the midwest for a B1G FB coaches meeting.

And the ha, ha moment: Chad asked TC if Sid really sends him Murray's certificates. TC said, "I don't keep count, but I think I've got a few in my desk somewhere."

that's what I can remember. Segment went about 10 minutes or so. Then they talked to T-Wolves coach Sam Mitchell to finish out the 9:30-10:00 segment. No explanation of the change in time for the Claeys segment.
Thank you!

Hey - I just remembered something else. Sid asked TC if he had signed any other players after NSD. TC said no, but they would keep their options open. After Spring practice, if the coaches feel they have needs at a specific area, and there is a player out there they think can help, they would consider adding someone. TC said he likes having a couple of scholarships available for situations like that.

So that's about four straight weeks at least that Sid has asked about Seth Green

Thanks for the update. Great report for someone being in bed! No issues DL you're still the man as others have said.

You failed us for the last time, DL....

"YOU'RE FIRED!" *President Donald Trump scowl*

i'm kidding......thanks for all that you do for us Sir!

Thanks S O N. You did an amazing job for having to come off the bench for our first teamer.:)

Bench DL and start S.O.N. now, he's clearly our future :rolleyes:

C BS not giving DL notice of the change is the story. The Gopherhole is fortunate to have depth, and overcome this failure. Thank you DL for your dedication, SON you are the Player of the Week.

My congratulations to all that are able to listen to Sid without going crazy. I can't listen to that voice as it is now.

I listened to Sid each morning through about August of 2014. His decline was slow, but noticeable in the years up to that time. He started having a lot of problems with his choo choo train alarm clock and finally had to step away from the 6:40 AM time slot for good. I now hear him about once per month or less and the difference gets more pronounced each time. Way past the point where the information is useful. Feel bad, but perhaps he should just retreat to print media now, where he can get a lot of help.

I listened to Sid each morning through about August of 2014. His decline was slow, but noticeable in the years up to that time. He started having a lot of problems with his choo choo train alarm clock and finally had to step away from the 6:40 AM time slot for good. I now hear him about once per month or less and the difference gets more pronounced each time. Way past the point where the information is useful. Feel bad, but perhaps he should just retreat to print media now, where he can get a lot of help.

He's still reasonably coherent on the Sports Show, but that's with Max there to interpret and help him when he gets confused.

Top Bottom