Shooter: Will Jarvis Johnson end up back with the Gophers next season?

Is there any chance his case (if that's what you call it) is revisited? I was under the impression this was a done deal.

Asking rhetorical questions isn't reporting. If you have new news, Shooter, by all means break it, otherwise it's mindless guessing.

I'm hearing the U doctors won't clear him but other doctors would....and that Iowa State, Memphis and Kansas State all want him...just rumors though....

I'd be surprised to hear that those schools truly "want" him. He didn't end up exactly as the elite recruit he once was early in his high school career and he's been sitting out (unable to practice?) for a full year. I'm not saying he couldn't make an impact at some point, but I bet these power 6 schools want him to prove it somewhere else before transferring in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idle speculation: let's say Johnson goes to a Juco and plays for a season with no medical issues. Would that change matters for the Gophers - or would their stance be the same?

1st priority is for Johnson to be healthy. beyond that, if he can resume his BB career, more power to him. if it winds up at another school, so be it.

I will say this - this current Gopher team really needs an on-court leader. I think Johnson has that type of personality. His not being able to play may have had a bigger impact than we realize when it comes to the on-court performance of this squad.

Idle speculation: let's say Johnson goes to a Juco and plays for a season with no medical issues. Would that change matters for the Gophers - or would their stance be the same?

1st priority is for Johnson to be healthy. beyond that, if he can resume his BB career, more power to him. if it winds up at another school, so be it.

I will say this - this current Gopher team really needs an on-court leader. I think Johnson has that type of personality. His not being able to play may have had a bigger impact than we realize when it comes to the on-court performance of this squad.

Well he's been playing with his condition since what, eighth grade? I don't think one more season will change their mind.

I'd be surprised to hear that those schools truly "want" him. He didn't end up exactly as the elite recruit he once was early in his high school career and he's been sitting out (unable to practice?) for a full year. I'm not saying he couldn't make an impact at some point, but I bet these power 6 schools want him to prove it somewhere else before transferring in.

Well I heard it second hand from someone very close to the situation....but it's possible the other schools aren't interested in him anymore.

Well either he is gone for sure or someone is else is transferring because we signed 3 recruits but only have 2 seniors.

Well either he is gone for sure or someone is else is transferring because we signed 3 recruits but only have 2 seniors.

No way does Jay-Jew??? get any minutes next year.....I would guess Buggs gets very few also. Does Buggs graduate this spring?

Well I heard it second hand from someone very close to the situation....but it's possible the other schools aren't interested in him anymore.

Interesting to hear, especially since those schools are no slouches. I also didn't intend to sound as though I was calling you out... I have no information about this and was purely speculating from a school's perspective. Shooter seemingly has no information either!

I sat he does get cleared....makes no sense for him to stay here. Just a guess

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I sat he does get cleared....makes no sense for him to stay here. Just a guess

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Like it has been discussed in the past, there is more to life than BB. He gets a free ride at the U and an education. His BB career is over, he may get someone to give him a shot, but it will not end well. He needs to make the best of the situation and that means staying at the U.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really news, if he can get cleared elsewhere (there will be plenty of interest) he will go where he can lace up.

Want him to play for the gophers, but I wish him the best either way.

I imagine we'll be watching J.J. run the offense for one of the aforementioned teams in some NCAA tourney games in a couple of years. It's a damn shame the U's doctors are more cautionary than the NCAA's. Chalk it up as another talented local baller who slips through our fingertips.

Top Bottom