Adam Weber on Seth Green: "He looks great...You can tell the guys like him."

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Adam Weber on Seth Green: "He looks great...You can tell the guys like him."

per Shooter:

Weber said incoming Gophers freshman QB Seth Green “looks great. He’s 6-4, 225 pounds with a good frame,” Weber said. “I watch him interact with the guys, and it’s an easy fit for him. You can tell the guys like him. With (rehabbing Mitch Leidner) being out, he’ll get a lot of opportunities in spring ball.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/02/06/charley-walters-former-raider-ryan-harris-feeling-just-super/

Go Gophers!!

Oh look. Another QB our coaches can hype up.

It would have been a pretty boring interview if Weber just answer the questions with "he looks pretty good".

QBs will always be the most hyped position.

Seth Green is a 4 Star Recruit. His scout grade is 80. Meaning, These players have the ability to create mismatches versus most opponents and have dominant performances. These players could contribute as a true freshmen and could end up as all-conference or All-America candidates during their college careers and develop into difference-makers over time.

He had offers from:

Oregon
Illinois
Iowa
Louisville
Michigan State
Pittsburg
Texas
Wisconsin.

This to my memory is highest regarded QB recruit to Minnesota.

Seth Green is a 4 Star Recruit. His scout grade is 80. Meaning, These players have the ability to create mismatches versus most opponents and have dominant performances. These players could contribute as a true freshmen and could end up as all-conference or All-America candidates during their college careers and develop into difference-makers over time.

He had offers from:

Oregon
Illinois
Iowa
Louisville
Michigan State
Pittsburg
Texas
Wisconsin.

How many of those offers were commitable by mid-December?

I'm jacked for the infusion of his talent and he's definitely not a throwaway recruit...but let's just keep our expectations in check.

How many of those offers were commitable by mid-December?

I'm jacked for the infusion of his talent and he's definitely not a throwaway recruit...but let's just keep our expectations in check.

How many P5 schools are still looking for their QB in December?

Look he did have all those committable offers at one point, but all those schools picked up QB's and stopped. That's how it works.

Marqueis Gray?

He had offers from:

Oregon
Illinois
Iowa
Louisville
Michigan State
Pittsburg
Texas
Wisconsin.

Marqueis was highly rated...not sure if higher but the only other guy I can think of who might be in the neighborhood of Green?

This is developing into a weird dynamic. When Green was a HS Jr, there was a lot of hype. Then he moved to TX for his SR yr of HS, and committed to Oregon, and some of the Gopher fans got down on him. ("He's not one of us anymore.") Then, he de-commits from Oregon, comes back to MN, and there is another change in perception.

Is he an over-hyped player who won't pan out - or is he the savior of the program? As in most things, the answer will fall somewhere between the extremes.

I would just say this - I don't care if he's from MN or the Moon - if he can play, great. If he can't play, then the coaches need to go out and find someone else who can play. I don't give him any more points or any less points because he's a "home-grown" kid. Does it feel good when a home-grown kid pans out - sure, it does. But we've all cheered for players who were not home-grown kids. In the end, it's about results - not birth certificates.

If you compare Green's Eastridge film to his Allen film you will see he got better down there. Looks great and fits in are hardly overhyping. Shooter asked Weber his opinion and he gave him some general praise. What do you expect him to say?

I agree, Mitch's comments were not over hype.

Get used to it, as we bring in more higher rated players, there will be high expectations/ hype on everyone of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, Mitch's comments were not over hype.

Get used to it, as we bring in more higher rated players, there will be high expectations/ hype on everyone of them.

Mitch's comments?

This is developing into a weird dynamic. When Green was a HS Jr, there was a lot of hype. Then he moved to TX for his SR yr of HS, and committed to Oregon, and some of the Gopher fans got down on him. ("He's not one of us anymore.") Then, he de-commits from Oregon, comes back to MN, and there is another change in perception.

Is he an over-hyped player who won't pan out - or is he the savior of the program? As in most things, the answer will fall somewhere between the extremes.

I would just say this - I don't care if he's from MN or the Moon - if he can play, great. If he can't play, then the coaches need to go out and find someone else who can play. I don't give him any more points or any less points because he's a "home-grown" kid. Does it feel good when a home-grown kid pans out - sure, it does. But we've all cheered for players who were not home-grown kids. In the end, it's about results - not birth certificates.

What's intriguing about him are his tangibles: size, speed, and arm strength. That certainly doesn't guarantee anything but I think that is why people are excited about the potential.

Green is exactly what i was hoping for in a QB recruit. Good arm, elusive and fast! We haven't ever had a QB that can boast all three of these attributes, that I can recall. If Seth can keep some plays alive or get in the open field on the QB keeper, the next few years are going to be a lot of fun. I take it for granted that he can throw with better accuracy than Leidner.

I'd like the QBs to distribute the ball to more pass catchers.

Hopefully, with the shoring up of our O-line the Gopher offense can truly become multi-dimensional.

How many P5 schools are still looking for their QB in December?

Look he did have all those committable offers at one point, but all those schools picked up QB's and stopped. That's how it works.

Probably about the same number looking for DL. The good news is that we're not looking for both and with what is hopefully a stable of promising young QB's, there's a decent chance one of them will pan out.

His Father

Probably about the same number looking for DL. The good news is that we're not looking for both and with what is hopefully a stable of promising young QB's, there's a decent chance one of them will pan out.
Was a nightmare for the East Ridge coaches.

The real question here is, is Green good enough to take the job for Leidner. Watching another year of horrendous throws from "Mighty Mitch" will do a number on my blood pressure. Clearly Croft is not the answer if he couldn't take the starting job from him in practice.

The real question here is, is Green good enough to take the job for Leidner. Watching another year of horrendous throws from "Mighty Mitch" will do a number on my blood pressure. Clearly Croft is not the answer if he couldn't take the starting job from him in practice.

Welcome to GH....you seem to fit right in

Do you really expect a true freshman quarterback to usurp a senior QB and leader of the team? I'm all about competition and best man plays....I'm as excited about the potential of Seth but slow the train down and have some perspective.

The only chance is if he was promised to compete for the starting role when recruited. You'd have to imagine something was said to sway him. Sure, Green's rankings were dropping, but plenty of other good offers. The hometown rationale is a joke. This past year's freshman receivers screamed potential and never got anything going, with the ducks being thrown at them. Painful to watch KJ Maye's talent wasted too.

This past year's freshman receivers screamed potential and never got anything going,

That's because they hardly played. Tom Brady could be the QB but if you don't actually play in the game, it is hard for you to catch a lot of passes.

Painful to watch KJ Maye's talent wasted too.

Second most receptions in school history. What a waste.

That's because they hardly played. Tom Brady could be the QB but if you don't actually play in the game, it is hard for you to catch a lot of passes.

Eric Carter looked good for the first five games. Our whole offense was crippled by Leidner's inability. Remember how many times we ran on third down or ran out a half?

Second most receptions in school history. What a waste.

Are you really saying he wouldn't have been better, given an above average quarterback? Will you then tell me Leidner's school history rushing touchdowns from a QB is above average? 52nd in total QBR is mediocre and the eye test is even worse.

The only chance is if he was promised to compete for the starting role when recruited. You'd have to imagine something was said to sway him. Sure, Green's rankings were dropping, but plenty of other good offers. The hometown rationale is a joke. This past year's freshman receivers screamed potential and never got anything going, with the ducks being thrown at them. Painful to watch KJ Maye's talent wasted too.

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/blPpTGDhn6hEI" width="480" height="300" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://giphy.com/gifs/cats-reaction-gif-blPpTGDhn6hEI">via GIPHY</a></p>

Are you really saying he wouldn't have been better, given an above average quarterback? Will you then tell me Leidner's school history rushing touchdowns from a QB is above average? 52nd in total QBR is mediocre and the eye test is even worse.

Nice to know wait!what! Has a new moniker.

The real question here is, is Green good enough to take the job for Leidner. Watching another year of horrendous throws from "Mighty Mitch" will do a number on my blood pressure. <b>Clearly Croft is not the answer </b>if he couldn't take the starting job from him in practice.

Yeah, clearly.

Top Bottom