Regents & Kaler will hear recommendation this wk on how process to hire new AD

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Good that they are asking someone who knows more what to do, but who is doing the recommendation?

Good that they are asking someone who knows more what to do, but who is doing the recommendation?

They have a large screen and are going to read through GH's "who should be the next AD" thread as a group.

Each story like this that comes out makes the board look more inept than before and I am now totally convinced they have no clue what they are doing.

They have a large screen and are going to read through GH's "who should be the next AD" thread as a group.

Probably would get better outcome than last time and save money.

Probably would get better outcome than last time and save money.

Yes, we'll charge something south of 900k- the amount the U of M Admin Clowns paid the that law firm to find we paid too much for Lil Ricky to transport his dog from FLA.

This is your University of Minnesota at its bureaucratic best. Its not about finding the best candidate, its about the process. And this takes it to a whole new level. Where are the alumni, where are the boosters, where is the press, where is common sense, where is leadership?

This is your University of Minnesota at its bureaucratic best. Its not about finding the best candidate, its about the process. And this takes it to a whole new level. Where are the alumni, where are the boosters, where is the press, where is common sense, where is leadership?

You seem to be wanting a circus. And you are upset they are doing a controlled internal process like any normal company would do.

You seem to be wanting a circus. And you are upset they are doing a controlled internal process like any normal company would do.

Yeah this seems to be what is expected / a good choice. Kaler said he was waiting until spring at the earliest.

Recently the university hired out two search firms got two bad hires, an IT dude, and MEGATOUNGE. Taking their time makes sense.

Some folks wouldn't be happy with anything until Goetz scores a TD herself...

Meanwhile the hockey team lost to Penn State at home, but you can't fire the coach, because you don't have an AD, and without an AD nobody will come here...lather, rinse, repeat

Meanwhile the hockey team lost to Penn State at home, but you can't fire the coach, because you don't have an AD, and without an AD nobody will come here...lather, rinse, repeat

Wait, the first place Big Ten team lost a game to the third place Big Ten team and Lucia still has a job?

I don't have any issue with a controlled internal process, but there's no reason this process couldn't have started 6 months ago. It's not like they have been scouring the U.S for potential candidates the last 6 months and searching for the best possible hire. They just pushed this aside and did nothing for 6 months while working on 'more important issues'.

Yeah this seems to be what is expected / a good choice. Kaler said he was waiting until spring at the earliest.

Recently the university hired out two search firms got two bad hires, an IT dude, and MEGATOUNGE. Taking their time makes sense.

Some folks wouldn't be happy with anything until Goetz scores a TD herself...
My issues with Goetz are;
1) after what 6 months in the job she still cant make up her mind, that is an automatic disqualifier for me.
2) no experience playing or coaching a revenue sport or even pseudo revenue sport (sports where people attend even if they don't pay for the program), combined with no experience hiring and firing coaches.
3) decent but not great people skills.
I think she is fine for her current position, which is about where Maturi should have been as well. We need someone who realizes this department needs to win in sports people care about, and is driven to make that happen legally, ethically and honestly. We need someone who walks the talk like JK did, only as the AD.

I don't have any issue with a controlled internal process, but there's no reason this process couldn't have started 6 months ago. It's not like they have been scouring the U.S for potential candidates the last 6 months and searching for the best possible hire. They just pushed this aside and did nothing for 6 months while working on 'more important issues'.

Believe there were a couple of investigations that had to be completed. You probably aren't going to get interest from the people you want before they were settled.

Believe there were a couple of investigations that had to be completed. You probably aren't going to get interest from the people you want before they were settled.

And as I've always said, that's a terrible excuse. Nothing in that investigation was ever going to affect the new AD or any of the athletic programs moving forward. You still have to hire an AD.

My issues with Goetz are;
1) after what 6 months in the job she still cant make up her mind, that is an automatic disqualifier for me.
2) no experience playing or coaching a revenue sport or even pseudo revenue sport (sports where people attend even if they don't pay for the program), combined with no experience hiring and firing coaches.
3) decent but not great people skills.
I think she is fine for her current position, which is about where Maturi should have been as well. We need someone who realizes this department needs to win in sports people care about, and is driven to make that happen legally, ethically and honestly. We need someone who walks the talk like JK did, only as the AD.

Not sure what the issue with #1 is. They're not even looking yet. Nobody has to "declare" publicly that they want the job, or tell us either way.

Who are they hearing the recommendations from? Anyone know???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remember.....Dr.Don predicted this 'so many experts thing'.:cool02:

Top Bottom