MN Daily: McBrayer growing his game as a starter

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

In the midst of the Gophers’ long losing streak, some of the team’s younger players are providing glimmers of hope.

One of those bright spots has been freshman guard Dupree McBrayer, a Queens, N.Y., native who has started for the team throughout most of Big Ten play.

“I think he’s got great upside,” head coach Richard Pitino said after the Gophers’ loss to Purdue on Jan. 27. “I think Dupree can really take off because he can go by guys, and he’s got length and he’s able to pass over the top, [which is] something we want with big guards.”

The 6-foot-4-inch, 175-pound guard has been a regular starter since Jan. 12 against Nebraska, though his offense has struggled. His shooting percentage this season is 28.8 and only 15.8 from three-point range, but the rookie said he hasn’t been discouraged.

“[My confidence] is high right now,” McBrayer said before the team’s loss against Illinois. “My teammates keep telling me to keep being aggressive. … [The ball] is going to go in.”

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/mens-tennis/2016/02/03/mcbrayer-growing-his-game-starter

Go Gophers!!

This article came out Thursday afternoon it looks like. What a jinx.

If he can get up to 190 next year I think we would really have something. Also wasn't Dupree a decent three pointer shooter in high school. Gotta think with more reps and confidence they'll start falling for him

one of my favs on the team. Kid is has no fear.

If he can get up to 190 next year I think we would really have something. Also wasn't Dupree a decent three pointer shooter in high school. Gotta think with more reps and confidence they'll start falling for him

That's what I keep thinking, too. There's a good shooter in there somewhere.

He has terrible shooting form. I'd bet on him not ever being a good shooter but being a role player/slasher at best. Dorsey, on the other hand, not sure why shots haven't generally been falling for him.

He has terrible shooting form. I'd bet on him not ever being a good shooter but being a role player/slasher at best. Dorsey, on the other hand, not sure why shots haven't generally been falling for him.

I have fantastic form, I'm a terrible shooter.

There is more to it than form, A LOT more.

Top Bottom