ESPN: Tracy Claeys puts his stamp on Minnesota's recruiting class

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

Claeys himself got heavily involved recruiting and reassuring offensive linemen in the class, especially junior college transfers Vincent Calhoun and Garrison Wright. He had a vision for what he wanted up front.

"We went back to recruiting some guys who are run blockers first," Claeys said. "I think the last couple of years, we had gotten more into worrying about pass protection more, then teaching them run blocking. Philosophy-wise, I want to start off with guys who have a chance to knock people off the ball."

Claeys brought in Jay Johnson from Louisiana-Lafayette as his offensive coordinator, and Johnson prefers to employ dual-threat quarterbacks. So the Gophers went out and added Seth Green, a Minnesota native who spent last year playing in Allen, Texas. Originally an Oregon commitment, Green flipped to Minnesota in December.

"For me, the hardest quarterbacks to defend are dual-threat type of guys," Claeys said. "So I wanted to make sure we had one of those guys on the board."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post...puts-his-stamp-on-minnesotas-recruiting-class

Go Gophers!!

This is the dawn of a new era!
My perception is that coach Claeys has a vision, and a short window of opportunity.
You better believe that he will go all out, and all in.
I love that! No excuses, nothing to lose, lay it down...
BOOM!

Top Bottom