Former Badger RB Montee Ball arrested for picking up girlfriend and throwing her

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per SI:

Former Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball was arrested Friday after allegedly pushing his girlfriend into a table.

Ball was arrested by police in Madison, Wisc., around 3:40 a.m. and taken to jail on a tentative charge of substantial battery, reports the Wisconsin State Journal.

Ball, 25, played college football for the Wisconsin Badgers.

A source told the State Journal that Ball’s girlfriend told police he “picked her up and threw her.” Ball’s girlfriend reportedly told police she hit a table, resulting in a cut needing stitches on her leg.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/05/montee-ball-arrest-battery-domestic-violence

Go Gophers!!

Not every man can handle there world falling apart. Sad.

Is she a dwarf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Innocent until proven guilty.

Guilty until proven innocent is more like it.

Who was the last Wisconsin running back to make his mark in the NFL? Alan Ameche?

Sad story. No excuse for this type of behavior.

As per his inability to succeed at the professional level, he's the one Wisconsin back I thought had a chance.

What a sad sad Fool Monty he did.

Are most top college RBs worn out by the time they hit the pros?

Guys like freakish AP are exceptions.

per SI:

Former Denver Broncos running back Montee Ball was arrested Friday after allegedly pushing his girlfriend into a table.

Ball was arrested by police in Madison, Wisc., around 3:40 a.m. and taken to jail on a tentative charge of substantial battery, reports the Wisconsin State Journal.

Ball, 25, played college football for the Wisconsin Badgers.

A source told the State Journal that Ball’s girlfriend told police he “picked her up and threw her.” Ball’s girlfriend reportedly told police she hit a table, resulting in a cut needing stitches on her leg.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/02/05/montee-ball-arrest-battery-domestic-violence

Go Gophers!!

With all these domestic abuse incidents, wouldn't it be interesting to learn what the arguments were about that lead to the alleged/actual assaults? I'm curious if there's a common thread. Is it rage from jealousy over another man? Is it about drug use? Is it an accusation that the guy is cheating? Of course, it really doesn't matter, but it would be interesting to hear the true stories. Bottom line, violence against a woman (or anyone for that matter) is clearly unacceptable.

With all these domestic abuse incidents, wouldn't it be interesting to learn what the arguments were about that lead to the alleged/actual assaults? I'm curious if there's a common thread. Is it rage from jealousy over another man? Is it about drug use? Is it an accusation that the guy is cheating? Of course, it really doesn't matter, but it would be interesting to hear the true stories. Bottom line, violence against a woman (or anyone for that matter) is clearly unacceptable.

Unfortunately IMO there is no meaningful conversation on domestic violence.

First off when we talk about "domestic" violence we are really talking about men hitting women. Women hitting men is not a concern or taken serious. Provocation is not a concern or spoken about. Even the mention of the word in relationship to a man hitting a women sends folks off the deep end. Yet most people acknowledge provocation as a exception or to be tolerated in acts of violence against men.

Beyoncé sister Solange, was caught on attacking and hitting Jay Z; the Today Show cast after viewing the tape on air are laughing and openly wondering what HE did to warrant her attacking him.

Until as a a society we teach and treat hitting is wrong period and acknowledge in some cases a person regardless of sex, behavior or actions may understandable lead to a arse kicking (i.e. if you hit don't be surprised if you get hit back) I don't see it going away.

I'm not advocating violence against women. I'm saying the standards and treatment should be the same for men and women and we should (this pisses folks off), explain to out daughters what we already tell our sons. Some actions will get your ass kicked so don't do them.

This won't stop the sick bastards out their who are intent on beating women but it will prevent the untold and uncared about number of situations where men who would never hit a women are provoked into doing so thus saving some women from a beat down.

Let the anger begin[emoji15]

My default assumption is that people who attend Madison are garbage people until proven otherwise. This is exhibit no. 10,192.

Sportsfan24, great example on the Jay Z media reaction. The double standard is crazy.

All those saying it's a typical of Badgers must be forgetting our former Gopher basketball player's actions a couple of years ago.

My default assumption is that people who attend Madison are garbage people until proven otherwise. This is exhibit no. 10,192.

A more important assumption is that even though Wiscys drink more beer, Minnesota brewed beer taste better than any Wiscy brewed beer. But, when it comes to the hard stuff their Everclear will clean your whistle good.

That was more than a few years ago. It was like 4 coaches ago.

If you say so but McNeil pled guilty last August. Didn't realize he played for Dutcher.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A former University of Minnesota basketball player reached a plea deal in court Monday after being accused of assaulting his girlfriend last November.

Daquein McNeil, a sophomore with the Gophers at the time of the incident, pleaded guilty to third-degree assault in Hennepin County Court on Monday. He was also facing a charge of domestic assault by strangulation, but that charge will be dismissed.

McNeil will receive a stay of imposition, three years of probation and must receive domestic abuse counseling. He is currently in jail, but will be released from custody at his sentencing, which is scheduled for Aug. 31.

According to charges filed in the case, the Baltimore native was accused of assaulting a woman he had been dating for about 10 months. He attacked the woman at her apartment, dragged her from her bed and poured alcohol and cold water on her repeatedly. The compliant states he also choked her and hit her with a belt.

Unfortunately IMO there is no meaningful conversation on domestic violence.

First off when we talk about "domestic" violence we are really talking about men hitting women. Women hitting men is not a concern or taken serious. Provocation is not a concern or spoken about. Even the mention of the word in relationship to a man hitting a women sends folks off the deep end. Yet most people acknowledge provocation as a exception or to be tolerated in acts of violence against men.

Beyoncé sister Solange, was caught on attacking and hitting Jay Z; the Today Show cast after viewing the tape on air are laughing and openly wondering what HE did to warrant her attacking him.

Until as a a society we teach and treat hitting is wrong period and acknowledge in some cases a person regardless of sex, behavior or actions may understandable lead to a arse kicking (i.e. if you hit don't be surprised if you get hit back) I don't see it going away.

I'm not advocating violence against women. I'm saying the standards and treatment should be the same for men and women and we should (this pisses folks off), explain to out daughters what we already tell our sons. Some actions will get your ass kicked so don't do them.

This won't stop the sick bastards out their who are intent on beating women but it will prevent the untold and uncared about number of situations where men who would never hit a women are provoked into doing so thus saving some women from a beat down.

Let the anger begin[emoji15]

I think his point was to see/understand if there was something VERY in common w/ all the issues among the ever growing # of cases. Meaning, if 90% were because of the player being unfaithful, that could be something the NFL (and NCAA) could try to further address and mentor.

But, agree. There is NEVER an excuse for domestic violence to take place.

NEVER hit a girl - and NEVER draft a Badger RB.

I think his point was to see/understand if there was something VERY in common w/ all the issues among the ever growing # of cases. Meaning, if 90% were because of the player being unfaithful, that could be something the NFL (and NCAA) could try to further address and mentor.

But, agree. There is NEVER an excuse for domestic violence to take place.

You want the nfl and ncaa to address cheating? That will go well.
I'm surprised no one has blamed cte.

If you say so but McNeil pled guilty last August. Didn't realize he played for Dutcher.

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A former University of Minnesota basketball player reached a plea deal in court Monday after being accused of assaulting his girlfriend last November.

Daquein McNeil, a sophomore with the Gophers at the time of the incident, pleaded guilty to third-degree assault in Hennepin County Court on Monday. He was also facing a charge of domestic assault by strangulation, but that charge will be dismissed.

McNeil will receive a stay of imposition, three years of probation and must receive domestic abuse counseling. He is currently in jail, but will be released from custody at his sentencing, which is scheduled for Aug. 31.

According to charges filed in the case, the Baltimore native was accused of assaulting a woman he had been dating for about 10 months. He attacked the woman at her apartment, dragged her from her bed and poured alcohol and cold water on her repeatedly. The compliant states he also choked her and hit her with a belt.

PLAYERS, Wisconsin 20 years ago,

Who thinks that there may be an element of CTE involved in this behavior?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Who thinks that there may be an element of CTE involved in this behavior?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

CTE? The new catch all desease.

Folks who played football get old and suffer memory loss, they call it CTE. If you didn't play football it's called Alzheimer's.

I recently read an article where Joe Montana was talking about how at 59 he could no longer play basketball and was suffering from all kinds of pain? Virtually no 59 year old people are playing basketball and it's the norm to feel pain.......it's called getting old.

No excuses. Physical assault against women, or anyone, is criminal.

'Sorry for going off topic.

Getting old=more pain. I tend to agree. You think you can lift stuff onto the truck like you've done hundreds of time before, but your body argues against you and you had to take Advil just to ease your lower back pain and make it into the shower. You slipped and fall taking the garbage out, and your neighbor laughs at you until he slipped himself. Then you both got seven weeks physical therapy.

If that is all Joe Montana was complaining about, he is one of the lucky ones. Read former Vikings Fred McMeil's story. He had developed both CTE and ALS.

IMHO, CTE is a different animal. CTE from repeated injuries to the brain among former pro football players have been well documented.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/04/health/fred-mcneill-cte-football-player/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NFL_players_with_chronic_traumatic_encephalopathy

Top Bottom