Pitino post NU - That was not the team that I was proud to coach for the past 3 wks

Sorry, I think that is ridiculous. You're essentially saying that anyone who doesn't agree with your thinking (that Pitino sucks and will never succeed at MN) accepts mediocrity. What about someone who is frustrated with this season but also wants to "remain quiet" for one more year because they feel there is a chance this could be turned around and there is a chance to have a bright future?

That's fine if you disagree with that but doesn't mean those people are the problem either.
That's your opinion and I get it even though I don't agree. I burned out on being a season ticket holder for any Gopher sport during my college days. I blindly supported the football program in the dome and that dumb. After that, I was done supporting mediocrity by mindlessly buying season tickets.

I am infuriated that thirty, or so, years later nothing has fundamentally changed with the boosters mentality regarding all Gopher sports. Boosters have to realize that a clock that is stopped will inevitably right twice per day and that's too low a percentage to make people happy.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Guys, Pitino is not going to get fired. Also, get it out of your system because he is set to get a big raise after the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's your opinion and I get it even though I don't agree. I burned out on being a season ticket holder for any Gopher sport during my college days. I blindly supported the football program in the dome and that dumb. After that, I was done supporting mediocrity by mindlessly buying season tickets.

I am infuriated that thirty, or so, years later nothing has fundamentally changed with the boosters mentality regarding all Gopher sports. Boosters have to realize that a clock that is stopped will inevitably right twice per day and that's too low a percentage to make people happy.

I think this would make mores sense if football, basketball, and hockey were selling out every game even during the really bad seasons. But many times we have hard selling out during good seasons. And it isn't like the U athletic department is bringing in a ton of donations from boosters compared to other similar programs.

I guess my point is the support hasn't been that good to begin with and the programs haven't had much success. I don't see how the support dropping off even more would help. I get that changes need to be made but the lack of support hasn't really changed anything to this point.

I think this would make mores sense if football, basketball, and hockey were selling out every game even during the really bad seasons. But many times we have hard selling out during good seasons. And it isn't like the U athletic department is bringing in a ton of donations from boosters compared to other similar programs.

I guess my point is the support hasn't been that good to begin with and the programs haven't had much success. I don't see how the support dropping off even more would help. I get that changes need to be made but the lack of support hasn't really changed anything to this point.
I know from first hand experience just how much hatred resides in elements of the University faculty and administration towards athletics. If this much antipathy were directed towards the medical school, business school or agriculture school there would be investigations by the Regents and State Government.

The problem remains that no one speaks up for the athletic department because they get clamped down on when they do.

I know from first hand experience just how much hatred resides in elements of the University faculty and administration towards athletics. If this much antipathy were directed towards the medical school, business school or agriculture school there would be investigations by the Regents and State Government.

The problem remains that no one speaks up for the athletic department because they get clamped down on when they do.

I have first hand experience that says otherwise.

I have first hand experience that says otherwise.

So we existed in different pockets at the U or it has changed. Doesn't change how fiercely I want to defend the validity of athletics at the U.

Top Bottom