Gopher AD Search Committee

Pat Reusse, Goldy Gopher, Pres. Kahler, Princess Kay of the Milky Way, Prince, and Brock Lesnar.

Jerry Kill, someone like Arnie Carlson, Kahler, a major booster, I really don't know.

Just don't put a chemistry professor who could care less about sports, football in particular.

In all seriousness I believe Glen Mason should be on the committee.... It won't happen but it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all seriousness I believe Glen Mason should be on the committee.... It won't happen but it should.

Couldn't agree more. The guy knows college football, has coached here and would have insight to what the program needs to be more successful.

How about AJ Barker's mom's best friend? Can't very well leave her out!

Someone capable of making a ****ing decision would be useful.

Yup

Yup, I agree Mason would be good. Lou Nanne, Maturi, Jim Carter, Harvey McKay or somebody from the booster world all would have different insights.

Nobody who supported hiring Teague.

I mean seriously, cmon. Half the people on GH could do a better job of vetting the new AD.

Just fly me to the town where the prospect we are considering is the current assoc AD, etc. and let me hang out there for a week or so. I bet by just hanging out in campus bars, coffee shops, restaurants and asking a few questions about said prospect I could learn a helluva lot more than some damn suit and tie committee. If this had been done in the Woody hiring process, we probably never would have hired him.

Just my two cents.

I mean seriously, cmon. Half the people on GH could do a better job of vetting the new AD.

Just fly me to the town where the prospect we are considering is the current assoc AD, etc. and let me hang out there for a week or so. I bet by just hanging out in campus bars, coffee shops, restaurants and asking a few questions about said prospect I could learn a helluva lot more than some damn suit and tie committee. If this had been done in the Woody hiring process, we probably never would have hired him.

Just my two cents.

We are either going to hire an AD from a smaller school, or someone who was basically doing Goetz's job (Sr AD/COO) at a power 5 school. Jack's idea will work OK for the former, but no one in a bar will know the latter from me.

The is Kaler's hire. Let him do it rather than pass the ball around. Sending him three or four candidates blessed by a committee could leave someone out. How did Teague work out?

Then hire GopherJack and see if there is any dirt to find. Best idea out there.

With my gift of gab and a good stiff whiskey Coke, there's virtually nothing I can't find and uncover in dimly light (and at one time, smoke-filled) bars.

Well...that would be Mega-Tongue.

MEGATOUNGE's thing was supposed to be fund raising, he was supposedly some ultra fund raiser, but considering they sort of crawled up to deadline after deadline on the athletic center I'm not sure he even did that well.

Yup, I agree Mason would be good. Lou Nanne, Maturi, Jim Carter, Harvey McKay or somebody from the booster world all would have different insights.

Hey, a serious reply.

What about Jim Dutcher?

A friend of mine suggested some younger former athletes..Tom Lehman, Kevin McHale, Neal Broten, Eric Decker....I guess the only one I would call 'young' though is Decker.

What about some current coaches?

Hey, a serious reply.

What about Jim Dutcher?

A friend of mine suggested some younger former athletes..Tom Lehman, Kevin McHale, Neal Broten, Eric Decker....I guess the only one I would call 'young' though is Decker.

What about some current coaches?

Serious? He mentioned Jim Carter. Have you seen the scarfs he wears?

With Pat Haden stepping down, we will get a lesson on how this is done. They have one guy on staff who has 35 years in the Athletic Department, J.K. McKay is interested. And there is talk of a National Search.

Top Bottom