Grade the Gophers 2016 Class

everybody knows my name

Freakishly Hyperintelligent
Reaction score
I'm stealing this idea from Huskerboard.com. Please add a grade and your comments/observations about each position group.

• QBs
    RBs
    WRs
    TEs
    O-line
    D-line
    LBs
    Safety
    CBs

Hopefully someone more nollidjible will follow up with a better assessment.

QBs - A- - Two quarterbacks, including a 4-star flipped from Oregon. The Gophers couldn't realistically do better.
RBs - C - Only one recruit is listed as a running back (McCrary), but he looks pretty okay.
WRs - B- - Johnson and Hmielewski are a couple of low-profile recruits, but both appear to have big potential.
TEs - C- - I want to get excited about Kieft, and if Kill loves him then I should too. But I'll believe it when I see it.
O-line - A - Olson is smart, Schleuter is mean, the JC guys are ready to start. We're building for the present and the future!
D-line - D - These guys are question marks. But what do I know?
LBs - A- - Coughlin and Barber are pedigreed local boys. Coughlin is a tremendous athlete and looks amazing in highlight videos. I wish there was more behind them.
Safety - D - We snagged some very good athletes who could slide to Safety, but maybe it isn't a positition of need right now.
CBs - B - Winfield and Durr sure look the part, and Winfield's highlights are promising. I can't get a fix on Kiondre Thomas. How good is he?
Special Teams - pass - too much of a guessing game, so I cheated and made is pass/fail. Kicker John Mack seems to be highly regarded.

Top Bottom