Iowa Legistlation vs. Stanford

And Christian McCaffrey made them look silly. Is he banned from traveling to Iowa?

Iowa should apologize to Stanford for saying they represented the B1G.

My apology for bring this up. Sorry to the Trump fans and anyone who took offense. Just though it was a hoot how politicians would waste their time on this issue and act like little children when there is so much else to be concerned about. Does anyone know a good JR Clown College where I could enroll. By the way Hawkeye fans call Iowa State fans the Clowns.

Yeah, you got it figured out. You just parodied yourself.

Similar to how the U 'brains' decided not to play North Dakota until they changed their name but found it ok to play the Central Michigan Chippewas.

So read the story hoping this was some kind of joke. It is legit but if you read the article it is even dumber then it sounds in the headline. Essentially they want to ban some collaboration with Stanford but it would not extend to sporting events.....only in Iowa.

I hope whatever moron thought this was worth legislation finds their political career cut very short.

Since when is not having anything to do with Iowa a punishment?

Similar to how the U 'brains' decided not to play North Dakota until they changed their name but found it ok to play the Central Michigan Chippewas.
Central Michigan has consent of the Saginaw Chippewa tribe of Native Americans to use the Chippewa name, similar to FSU having the consent from the Seminole Tribe. North Dakota did not have the local consent.

The Stanford band is dumb.... but this only gives them the attention they want...

Central Michigan has consent of the Saginaw Chippewa tribe of Native Americans to use the Chippewa name, similar to FSU having the consent from the Seminole Tribe. North Dakota did not have the local consent.

Last I checked they got local consent from one or two tribes, the other tribes simply wouldn't vote on the issue.

The Stanford band is dumb.... but this only gives them the attention they want...

I agree that the antics by the band are dumb. Who's the director? Despite being held accountable in the past for similar disrespectful acts they just keep doing it. It is Stanford who has to police the band. Iowa legislature getting involved is ridiculous and just encourages this more.

I think the band only has nominal input from a faculty overseer/administrator from an organizational standpoint and is otherwise left to its own devices creatively. It's more of a spoof of a college marching band than the genuine article.

I think the band only has nominal input from a faculty overseer/administrator from an organizational standpoint and is otherwise left to its own devices creatively. It's more of a spoof of a college marching band than the genuine article.

That is exactly what they are. They are a student organization, not a traditional marching band. And yeah all of this is exactly what they want and is exactly why they do what they do. They are loving the fact that there are idiot lawmakers in Iowa getting their panties in a bunch over a friggin half time show. Just motivates them to be more outrageous with their next show. Personally I could careless what they do, it is entertainment and as long as the fans enjoy them that is all that really matters.

Top Bottom