Decker, Williams, KJ and now ?

Swaggerson

Bank Sect 112 Barn Sect 102
Reaction score
Who will be the go to guy (pass catcher) this next season?

I would slide Da'Jon McKnight in there too...

I actually hope we don't have just one go to guy, but a few. That way we can put a few WRs on the field and the defense won't automatically know who we are going to try to throw to right away. That being said, I have no idea who will be our go-to guy(s) next year so...

Hard to know with the change at OC - Still probably has a chance to be a decent red zone threat, but think it will be Wolitarsky as the guy who Mitch looks to in tough situations. Has been around the longest, probably has the biggest "comfort factor" for Leidner.

Hard to tell as we're not sure what type of offense we'll run. That said I think Gentry is the most talented guy, Carter is probably the best bet to get a lot of underneath stuff like Maye thrived on, but Woli is probably the best bet as an overall player

Wolo, carter, still and Lingren are all capable IMO. Maybe Gentry and Holland step up as well. Maye came out of nowhere last season so who knows

Who is considered our best pass-catching RB?

I think Still has the best shot to make it to the NFL. Either him or Woli will be the go to guy IMO.

Eric Carter. I think he can fill the KJ Maye role this coming season or next. Definitely saw glimpses last season.

I like Wolitarsky, but it seems like he sometimes has a concentration problem. I'm going to go with Rashad Still.

Another year in the weight room and he could be very explosive.

Wolitarsky, no doubt. Decker II next year.

Still. Unfortunately, Woli will continue to disappoint. Dude just doesn't have good enough hands.

Carter- showed good hands and ability to take a hit last year. He'll be the starting Z.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woli has very good hands, I think he either is near sighted or just can't adjust to the flight trajectory of long passes. We have had a lot of receivers with this problem. That is one reason I like WRs who have played baseball, like Decker and in the incoming class Hmielewski.

Woli has very good hands

We will just have to disagree on this one. I think Woli is a very talented guy that can be a difference maker, but I have watched him demonstrate his (bad) hands repeatedly for 3 years. I also know he set HS receiving records for the State of CA yet had no big offers from any team in CA. I'm going to guess there was a reason and make some assumptions on why that was.

Gentry, if he can stay healthy. The burst he showed on that short-pass-turned-long-reception in the Ohio game was VERY impressive.

Still. Unfortunately, Woli will continue to disappoint. Dude just doesn't have good enough hands.

KJ Maye had a lot of issues catching the ball before this season as well. I think Wolitarsky could have a good year next year.

If Gentry can stay healthy I think it will be him, otherwise Rashad Still.

1. Impressed by Carter
2. Intrigued by Still
3. Cautiously optimistic about Gentry
4. Mildly disappointed by Wolitarsky

If woli didnt fall down for every deep ball and actually went up to go get it i would say him. But i think carter becomes the go to slot guy. He has some really good hands

1. Impressed by Carter
2. Intrigued by Still
3. Cautiously optimistic about Gentry
4. Mildly disappointed by Wolitarsky

Agree with 1 and 2. Jury is still out on Gentry but I can see where you are coming from on him because in the really limited action we saw there were flashes of something being there.

As for #4, I never really had high hopes for Wolitarsky ever being anything more then a possession receiver. You don't put up the kind of numbers he did in California and end up at Minnesota unless there are some serious question marks about your abilities. That isn't a shot at Minnesota it is just the reality that if he was as good as his high school numbers he would have gotten a ton of attention right in his own backyard.

Wouldn't have thought it going into the year but Maye really emerged as the one true option for us at the WR position. Hopefully a few of these guys step up and give us a couple good options to go along with Lingen as a solid TE.

We've quickly discounted Melvin Holland. I'd love for him to get rolling.

I think both Gentry and Still emerge as legit threats. Put Streveler in the slot and see what kind of mismatches that creates. O-line is key to all this...think we have the receiver talent.

We've quickly discounted Melvin Holland. I'd love for him to get rolling.

question was about who will be our best WR next year. There's nothing to indicate that Holland will be that. Doesn't mean folks are dismissing him as a contributor.

We will just have to disagree on this one. I think Woli is a very talented guy that can be a difference maker, but I have watched him demonstrate his (bad) hands repeatedly for 3 years. I also know he set HS receiving records for the State of CA yet had no big offers from any team in CA. I'm going to guess there was a reason and make some assumptions on why that was.

This is spot on. +1.

Top Bottom