Which member of the Gophers 2016 recruiting class are you most excited about?

• Carter Coughlin

Votes: 67 55.4%
  • Seth Green

Votes: 21 17.4%
  • Tyler Johnson

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Coney Durr

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Sam Schlueter

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Conner Olson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Phillip Howard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamal Martin

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Other (list)

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Green. A position of need.

A lot of these guys. I think Coughlin, Martin and Barber all have potential to be great Linebackers. Really excited Winfield in the secondary. The two DE's, their skinny but they both got off the line really quick on film. Couple years in the weight room and I bet they'll be contributors as upperclassmen. I think overall we brought some good Olineman and I am intrigued with Johnson, Hmielewski and Howard at WR. Be interesting to see how Green and Williams develop. Really likes Williams film

Coughlin, need help at linebacker, I thought they were fair but not great last year, need to plug in right away
Calhoun, looks big enough to play and help out O-line right away.
Durr, D-line needs help, didn't get to the quarterback enough

WR's I am wait and see on all since all are smallish, everybody can't be a KJ Maye sometimes it's nice to be taller than the guy defending you.

Is there a comprehensive list of our recruits?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Drew Hmielewski.

I really think he is the wild card in this group.

Good size, three sport athlete, dad is the AD for a small college....

There is a vid of him leaping about four feet in the air over his d-man to pull in a catch.

I cannot wait to see him on the field.

Drew Hmielewski.

I really think he is the wild card in this group.

Good size, three sport athlete, dad is the AD for a small college....

There is a vid of him leaping about four feet in the air over his d-man to pull in a catch.

I cannot wait to see him on the field.

Ditto

Because I like underrated little guys that can hit, Winfield Jr. Coney Durr and Kiondre Thomas are close behind. What a fantastic DB class!

Demarcus Williams is a really intriguing player. As the OCs guy he is going to get every chance to succeed.

Coughlin, enough said.

Hard to limit to just one player. Really impressed with this class. Kudos to the coaches.

I am going with Seth Green. First honest competition. Second quality depth. Most programs like to have 5 QB's on the roster.

I really like the guys that we signed, but selected "other." Assuming that we have a couple of scholarships left I assume that we will use a couple to sign guys who got caught in the numbers game at some of the top programs. Those, so far unknown guys, could help us and soon. Another reason that I chose other is that it seems that fairly frequently the last guy that we offer on a flyer seems to work out pretty well. Anyway, I'm pulling for all of our recruits to have great Gopher careers.

It's been awhile since the defense has had someone who can apply consistent pressure on the QB. I think that changes once Carter suits up.

That's a tough one after watching their high-lights last night at the social...
Offense: Mark Williams, Tyler Johnson
Defense: Winfield, Durr and Coughlin...

side note: of the entire group 6 guys played quarterback in HS. 4 will play other positions. Our skill just got better...

Coughlin is the easy pick. I feel all tingly when I watch his highlights.

But Hmielewski is the dark horse. Seems like he's a fantastic athlete and [everyone says] he has great leaping ability.

CSF_CBrWUAAyfHG.jpg

COJA6dBUcAAlMGU.jpg

I'm going to cheat a little bit and say that I'm honestly excited to see all our new players. I love to see guys that want to play for the Gophers. They made a great choice to attend a great university and participate in the continuing building of a football program, so congrats to all of them. These players have a lot to look forward to and a lot of opportunities in front of them. They've got an opportunity to be part of the bunch to finally get off the schneid against Wisconsin, to win a Little Brown Jug, to capture a West division title, and who knows. The future's wide open and the sky is the limit. Wow. Extremely excited for these guys and happy they're here!

I think the Tyler Johnson story my help inner city youth football in our biggest city. What an incredible athlete and just as good of a young man. Really hope Tyler takes off like I think he is capable of.

I am excited about the potential of the whole class. Carter Coughlin because he is the face of this class.

But, I have to say I am most excited about our QBs Seth Green & Demarcus Williams. We have two excellent QBs who can throw or run. I can't wait to see how they flourish in Jay Johnson's Offense.

Hmielewski

this woudl be my choice as well as he seems to be a very athletic kid and kind of an unknown. Everyone knows we are getting a top choice in Coughlin so his expectation is high. Hmielewski could be Decker like not only because of his baseball career but he will turn heads this Fall in camp and might not be able to keep his red shirt on!

Top Bottom