Coney Durr commits to the Gophers!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Very nice.

I didn't know they had a goldy face hat...

Very nice.

I didn't know they had a goldy face hat...

d-back stable continues!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Saw Sawvel comment on how it's a shame assistant coaches take new jobs right after NSD. Va Techs DB coach just announced he's leaving for Florida. Good decision Mr Durr.

Hopefully people will be on 'Coney Island' for some time! :cool:

Saw Sawvel comment on how it's a shame assistant coaches take new jobs right after NSD. Va Techs DB coach just announced he's leaving for Florida. Good decision Mr Durr.

You hope the coach may have intimated the possibility of him leaving- naive I know, but one has to hope for some type of ethics.

You hope the coach may have intimated the possibility of him leaving- naive I know, but one has to hope for some type of ethics.

Mike Sherels

Tomorrow will once again show the ugliest tradition in our profession as asst coaches announce they are leaving. 2017s take notice! #trust ?

Jay Sawvel

I can't wait to see how many coaches change jobs tomorrow -

Both before news of Va Tech coach leaving.
Interesting

Mike Sherels

Tomorrow will once again show the ugliest tradition in our profession as asst coaches announce they are leaving. 2017s take notice! #trust ?

Jay Sawvel

I can't wait to see how many coaches change jobs tomorrow -

Both before news of Va Tech coach leaving.
Interesting

That's a pretty well-known and widespread fact of the college football coaching world. It happens every year. It happened to us (almost certainly planned this way) when Benedict Hammock left for Becky almost immediately after signing day.

That's a pretty well-known and widespread fact of the college football coaching world. It happens every year. It happened to us (almost certainly planned this way) when Benedict Hammock left for Becky almost immediately after signing day.

Same thing happened with Gibbs left to coach in the NFL, it was announced shortly after signing day in 2000 I believe.

Same thing happened with Gibbs left to coach in the NFL, it was announced shortly after signing day in 2000 I believe.

Gibbs was ousted by Mason. He sought refuge in the NFL. And the defense was never the same. 1999 was a watershed moment.

Gibbs was ousted by Mason. He sought refuge in the NFL. And the defense was never the same. 1999 was a watershed moment.

I don't think Mason would have fired the best DC he ever had. Gibbs goal was the NFL and he stayed on through signing day and then bolted.

If I remember right I always thought Gibbs's defense was on the edge of either absolutely dominating or falling apart. He'd stack the box and just hope someone got through to the QB. .... Granted that was more fun than what came after him.

Top Bottom