Helmet Stickers coming as addition?

Haha I tend to agree overall though. Team awards are certainly far more important.

I do think though that some recognition after the work and effort a lot of guys go through over 4 years.

There's always the locker room for individual awards.

Edit: Come to think of it, I've never seen a MVP award on a uniform.

I have never been a fan of helmet stickers. It is the ultimate TEAM game.

I have always been relieved the Gophers don't award helmet stickers.

Please... No.

If stickers are used, I'll survive.

Same here.

I'd love to see bricks and you only get them for wins. If they get rolling it would be intimidating to walk up to the line against an all senior offensive line with 40 stickers on their helmet.

OSU stickers aren't intimidating because nobody knows what they are for (tattoos sold)?

I'd love to see bricks and you only get them for wins. If they get rolling it would be intimidating to walk up to the line against an all senior offensive line with 40 stickers on their helmet.

OSU stickers aren't intimidating because nobody knows what they are for (tattoos sold)?

Yeah, I'm sure that would scare the **** out of D Linemen.

I'd love to see a big M on the helmet.

He said in his interview they wouldn't be big and they are only for making plays that help the team. He said he wouldn't be opposed to taking them away either if they do something that is detrimental to the team. I like the idea personally. I have to think an example of this would be a wide receiver making a great block that springs the running back for a long touchdown or something along those lines. Plays that go unnoticed on the stat sheet but greatly impact the outcome of the game and help the team win.

There are lots of cool helmet stickers. I don't know about the bricks, might be cool. How about a pair of teeth sticker?

Absolutely not.

Team awards not individual awards

They look stupid

Enough of the all decisions made because "the kids like them".
Some kids will resent the fact that they didn't get one. Opens a can of worms.

Have the Gophers ever used stickers? I know teams have been using them for years, but I don't remember if the Gophers ever did.

Some kids will resent the fact that they didn't get one. Opens a can of worms.

Tracy is known for being pretty rough in practices. Kill was no cuddly bear either when he saw something he didn't like.

I don't think stockers is the biggest concern these kids have if they're not doing what they should.

Yeah, I'm sure that would scare the **** out of D Linemen. I'd love to see a big M on the helmet.

I should have said I'd prefer no stickers. If they have to have them, I'd like them to keep it simple.

scratch and sniff please

Two sided tape Goldy sticker that end up migrating to the other team's helmets covering up their Buckeyes and pissing them off.

Bricks
TD- touchdown
FG- field goal
TL- tackle for loss
SK- sack
FB- fumble caused
FR- fumble recovery
IN- interception
PK- pancake block
more?..
gopher helmet stickers.jpg

Attachments

• gopher helmet stickers.jpg
    gopher helmet stickers.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 37

It's not like Minnesota invented the brick.

It's already overdone.

I'm not a sticker fan, but like the idea of giving 1 to everyone for a team win - as long as you practiced and/or played in the prep.

I'm not a sticker fan, but like the idea of giving 1 to everyone for a team win - as long as you practiced and/or played in the prep.
Participation award? No way!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Should be good for little Billy's self esteem.

Give 'em stickers but make them be worn on the recipients' jockstraps.

Participation award? No way!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I said when we win. How is that a participation award? You do realize kids who practice all week, scout teams, etc. also impact the success the team has on Saturday, right?

The helmets are too good looking to adorn with frikking stickers.

Count me against.

I would rather see us do a team tradition such as Ohio State's Goldpants . Like a Golden AXE to each coach and player.

How about scratch and sniff stickers? But only have a few players with them and have a theme smell for every game. For instance when we play Wisconsin, have them smell like booze. Then send the player with the scratch and sniff sticker one way and watch all 11 of their players follow him. Then just walk in for the TD.

How about scratch and sniff stickers? But only have a few players with them and have a theme smell for every game. For instance when we play Wisconsin, have them smell like booze. Then send the player with the scratch and sniff sticker one way and watch all 11 of their players follow him. Then just walk in for the TD.

The only good idea to come out of this thread so far.

Top Bottom