Helmet Stickers coming as addition?

OddStack

Reaction score
TC, "We are looking at a way to do game performance helmet awards."

This was a response on the Gophersports blog with Claeys. It was in response to uniform, gameday, etc. change question.

I'm not a fan of them but if it makes the kids happy I'm ok with it.

Yuck, hate the helmet stickers. Ruins the look of the helmet.

Please no. It's so overdone.

We'll have guys like Mitch Leidner with full helmets playing against Ohio State's Heisman finalists. It would look terrible.

I bet it's bricks.....

I wish it was golf balls.

caddyshack-gopher.jpg

It's a great idea... competition is always good, as it makes people strive harder. The kids will compete to show off those stickers.

Please no. It's so overdone.

We'll have guys like Mitch Leidner with full helmets playing against Ohio State's Heisman finalists. It would look terrible.

TC was asked later what it would be. TC responded by saying they're looking at it, but it wouldn't take up the entire helmet.

Grown men playing football should not be concerned with getting stickers for their hats.

Grown men playing football should not be concerned with getting stickers for their hats.

Striving to achieve team and individual goals through competition shouldn't be a college players concern?

I love/hate the idea depending on how it's done. Ohio State and Georgia come to mind as being done well.

If we choose these "puffy" stickers with the moving "googly" eyes, it has some cushion to them and could make the helmets safer!

249.jpg

Go Gophers!!

Striving to achieve team and individual goals through competition shouldn't be a college players concern?

I love/hate the idea depending on how it's done. Ohio State and Georgia come to mind as being done well.

So they aren't currently striving to achieve goals?

So they aren't currently striving to achieve goals?

Yes.

And for some making it public can further motivate individuals. And for some public recognition can motivate them.

I'm not saying getting a sticker is their sole motivation. Probably more subconscious motivation. It's all about competition.

Don't like them. Little participation ribbons but I guess that's what kids want these days.

I like bricks if they can come up with a good design. Otherwise the goldy logo someone posted earlier would be decent.

Absolutely not.

Team awards not individual awards

They look stupid

Enough of the all decisions made because "the kids like them".

Absolutely not. Team awards not individual awards They look stupid Enough of the all decisions made because "the kids like them".

Do you oppose awards like MVP or OPOY?

(And this part is less directed at the quoted, just to clarify)

I'd also be curious if people just don't like the fact they're stickers. Teams play to win the national title for an expensive paper weight. Point being, it's not what the reward is that matters it's having your hard work acknowledged. I get if someone doesn't like the individual aspect in general, but there certainly can be some value in recognizing a kid who worked his butt off to be a great player and for helping the team. That recognition can be a great feeling that your work was noticed.

Could also see Claeys giving out helmets for community service type work and visiting kids in the hospital or whatever.

Well it sounded good when I wrote it.

Haha I tend to agree overall though. Team awards are certainly far more important.

I do think though that some recognition after the work and effort a lot of guys go through over 4 years.

Do you oppose awards like MVP or OPOY?

(And this part is less directed at the quoted, just to clarify)

I'd also be curious if people just don't like the fact they're stickers. Teams play to win the national title for an expensive paper weight. Point being, it's not what the reward is that matters it's having your hard work acknowledged. I get if someone doesn't like the individual aspect in general, but there certainly can be some value in recognizing a kid who worked his butt off to be a great player and for helping the team. That recognition can be a great feeling that your work was noticed.

Could also see Claeys giving out helmets for community service type work and visiting kids in the hospital or whatever.

Well it sounded good when I wrote it.

Sounds like "Office Space". Must have at least 15 stickers (flare) or you can't play.

Absolutely not.

Team awards not individual awards

They look stupid

Enough of the all decisions made because "the kids like them".

OSU's helmet stickers are a combo of team & individual. If I am not mistaken, everyone gets a sticker for a win. There are also team incentives on both sides of the ball.

OSU's helmet stickers are a combo of team & individual. If I am not mistaken, everyone gets a sticker for a win. There are also team incentives on both sides of the ball.

I swear i've seen a fair number of OSU guys out there with no stickers.... maybe they only get the win sticker if they start or something.

I have never been a fan of helmet stickers. It is the ultimate TEAM game.

I have always been relieved the Gophers don't award helmet stickers.

Please... No.

If stickers are used, I'll survive.

Top Bottom