DeMarcus Williams, Dual Threat QB, Alabama GOLDEN!

It is becoming very clear that Claeys had no choice but to fire Limegrover.

We need a credible offense to even contemplate competing for the B1G West title.

Jerry Kill was too loyal to his cadre of coaches even when the offense was struggling.

Earlier Coach Claeys said that Coach Johnson really liked the DeMarcus and was recruiting him at his previous job and that's how they "found" DeMarcus. So DeMarcus probably fits the mold of the kind of QB Coach Johnson and Coach Claeys wants. Seth Green is in the same mold also... so no excuses for the coaches in two years.

How do you figure? Just glancing back at the classes since Kill/Claeys took over at the guys they at least gave a shot at QB to. (I'm fuzzy on the 2011...I think it was a combo of Brew/Kill). It appears they made QB a priority. Plus throw in a couple of PWO in Perra and Rhoda.

Max Shortell
Dexter Foreman

Mitch Leidner
Philip Nelson

Chris Streveler
Donovahn Jones

Dimonic Roden-McKinzy

Demry Croft

Seth Green
DeMarcus Williams

Now you can argue that maybe they reached or identified the wrong attributes or couldn't develop them. That would make some sense considering Claeys fired the OC and the QB coach. Saying it wasn't a priority seems a bit off.

Here's to hoping that Claeys/Johnson identify the right guys and develop them.
Sorry, I am thinking way back to the Smokey Joe era, y'know back in my day.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Earlier Coach Claeys said that Coach Johnson really liked the DeMarcus and was recruiting him at his previous job and that's how they "found" DeMarcus. So DeMarcus probably fits the mold of the kind of QB Coach Johnson and Coach Claeys wants. Seth Green is in the same mold also... so no excuses for the coaches in two years.

I like this. Limey and Z were fired in large part because of QB inadequacies. I really like both these guys and hope the new blood at coaching changes that direction.

Top Bottom