Jo Jo Garcia going JC

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Garcia said he dropped out of school soon after, then spent three weeks with extended family in Florida trying to get his life back on track. Garcia said he became a Christian, completed a GED program and is on track to play at Iowa Western.

Ah, hopefully he can get eligible.

It is great to hear.

Hopefully Claeys keeps in touch with Jeff Jones and JoJo.

It will be great to see them both in maroon and gold someday.

They have to get their academic life in order first.

love to see both these kids figure things out, get their academics squared away and get back to doing what they love-playing football...heck, maybe our Minnesota boys will end up back at TCF where they initially intended to play!

Glad to hear it. That means there is still a chance Jo Jo Garcia will be a Gopher. Get it done in school at Iowa Western, Jo Jo and rejoin your teammates at Minnesota.

Too bad about him. Our position of greatest need.

Well...Western Iowa is basically our farm system. (no pun on Iowa, maybe)

Wow. Never knew he dropped out. Really nice to see he is trying to get his life back on track. Hopefully he along with Jeff can succeed.

One of the guys mentioned has been fighting to make it and I can see him getting back here. The other has already demonstrated that he wants it handed to him and will quit if the going gets tough. I hate to be a jerk (not really), but 0.1% the latter guy ever plays here.

I am completely confused on this situation, He transfers schools, stops playing football, then decommits from us and now is going to JUCO. Where did all of this he is going there because of grades come from? We have spots open-- why are we not going after him now-- he was a 4* a one point and highly sought after.

I am completely confused on this situation, He transfers schools, stops playing football, then decommits from us and now is going to JUCO. Where did all of this he is going there because of grades come from? We have spots open-- why are we not going after him now-- he was a 4* a one point and highly sought after.

Pretty sure he would not qualify academically hence the reason Minnesota is not going after him now. However if he can get it turned around at IW, there will be another shot for Jojo.

Because he got a GED. You cannot get into a university with one of those without going to JC first.

As stated in the article or see post #5, Garcia dropped out and got a GED, which means he's ineligible.

Cool your jets. He has been placed in the pipeline and will be back home in two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom