Reusse calls Beth Goetz an "empty suit" says she'll soon be Gophers AD

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

What was she asked? Was it "Are you going to fire anyone?" or something like that?, then I don't blame her for not answering.

Why do we post anything this man writes? He has zero credibility with me since he's moved on to the radio and tried to stir up controversy on a daily basis to boost low ratings.

Why do we post anything this man writes? He has zero credibility with me since he's moved on to the radio and tried to stir up controversy on a daily basis to boost low ratings.

I asked that once but some folks feel it is important we focus on the full time haters.

Like you I don't see much reason to bother with those guys.

Did anyone actually hear the interview? I caught the 2nd half of it yesterday morning (WCCO Sports Huddle with Sid & Dave). I'm not a fan of Pat but he's right about her not answering the questions. It was almost like listening to a politician. They asked her if she's concerned about declining attendance with men's basketball and hockey. Skirted that question and talked about being comfortable with their projections and that the U is thankful for their loyal fans. They they asked about whether she would like to be the permanent AD and she didn't come close to saying yes or no, it was a little awkward.

Although I will say "Empty Suit" comment is over the top unless Pat can provide additional evidence not just a 5 minute radio interview.

Did anyone actually hear the interview? I caught the 2nd half of it yesterday morning (WCCO Sports Huddle with Sid & Dave). I'm not a fan of Pat but he's right about her not answering the questions. It was almost like listening to a politician. They asked her if she's concerned about declining attendance with men's basketball and hockey. Skirted that question and talked about being comfortable with their projections and that the U is thankful for their loyal fans. They they asked about whether she would like to be the permanent AD and she didn't come close to saying yes or no, it was a little awkward.

Although I will say "Empty Suit" comment is over the top unless Pat can provide additional evidence not just a 5 minute radio interview.

If she's the interim and not going to be making the call on what to do to address those things (presumably that is for the new guy).... what is she going to do? Tell them they're going to do X and paint the next person into a corner?

Gotta take Pat for what he has become. One of the best trolls in the Twin Cities. That's it.

Gotta take Pat for what he has become. One of the best trolls in the Twin Cities. That's it.

Reusse isn't a troll.

He actually believes the s*** he says, and there are enough self hating booger eaters in Minnesota to give him a sizeable market.

Reusse isn't a troll.

He actually believes the s*** he says, and there are enough self hating booger eaters in Minnesota to give him a sizeable market.

That phrase is a new one to me but I rather like it.

She is the living, breathing definition of an empty suit and given the U of M's bad experience with nice guy Joel Maturi and not so nice guy Norwood Teague, skipping a proper search for a qualified candidate and hiring Beth Goetz, who always has a deer in the headlights vibe, would absolutely be in character.

She is the living, breathing definition of an empty suit and given the U of M's bad experience with nice guy Joel Maturi and not so nice guy Norwood Teague, skipping a proper search for a qualified candidate and hiring Beth Goetz, who always has a deer in the headlights vibe, would absolutely be in character.

+1 Pete N. is the guy we need to save this disaster of an athletic dept. No B10 men's BB or FB titles since 1982. Worst program in B10. Even Northwestern has 3 B10 football titles last 20 years.

Brad Stevens gives rave reviews for Goetz. I'll take his vote of confidence over Reuse and the less informed here at the GH.

Mike Shannhan gives rave reviews for Brewster. I'll take his vote of confidence over Reuse and the less informed here at the GH.

fify

said many people after the brew hire.

fify

said many people after the brew hire.
I never heard that. I don't see where Goetz has made mistakes. I'd rather have an honest person in the AD position than some shady person who isn't concerned with integrity.
Beside Stevens, I have heard John Anderson and the wrestling coach gave her great reviews. Also, Kill seemed pleased with her efforts.
Give me someone who is an excellent administrator who isn't flashy over a some flashy crook any day.

I never heard that. I don't see where Goetz has made mistakes. I'd rather have an honest person in the AD position than some shady person who isn't concerned with integrity.
Beside Stevens, I have heard John Anderson and the wrestling coach gave her great reviews. Also, Kill seemed pleased with her efforts.
Give me someone who is an excellent administrator who isn't flashy over a some flashy crook any day.

Right on.

why not bring back maturi then? anderson loved him. kill was pleased with his efforts. no doubt he was an honest ad and not shady. he was an excellent administrator and he certainly wasn't flashy.

why not bring back maturi then? anderson loved him. kill was pleased with his efforts. no doubt he was an honest ad and not shady. he was an excellent administrator and he certainly wasn't flashy.
I doubt he would come back. I didn't have animosity for Maturi.

Only on GH can we find folks that want to bring back Mason and Maturi. The good old days.

Only on GH can we find folks that want to bring back Mason and Maturi. The good old days.

love the hyperbole, but no one is asking for maturi.

Top Bottom