Ole Miss Charged by NCAA (recruiting violations)

Who do they think they are! Nebraska? Oh, that's right, Nebraska is never investigated.

Who do they think they are! Nebraska? Oh, that's right, Nebraska is never investigated.

Winning might change that. Sarcasm aside though, I can't see a 6-7 team being under as much scrutiny as a team coming out of no where, getting a bunch of stud recruits, and beating Alabama two years in a row. THAT'S how to get noticed. :)

I'm lazy and guess I don't want to do my own digging on Google. Did anything happen in terms of penalties with either North Carolina or Oklahoma State?

I'm lazy and guess I don't want to do my own digging on Google. Did anything happen in terms of penalties with either North Carolina or Oklahoma State?

They are too busy thinking of ways to punish USC.

The NCAA is made up of biased and corruptible people like any other organization. It serves a necessary purpose, so I am a NCAA backer but oftentimes watchdogs need watchdogs.

If North Carolina never gets any sanctions this is just sick.

They are too busy thinking of ways to punish USC.

The NCAA is made up of biased and corruptible people like any other organization. It serves a necessary purpose, so I am a NCAA backer but oftentimes watchdogs need watchdogs.
And those watchdogs are also filled with biased and corruptible people and on and on. I'm pretty biased about that....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Speaking of UNC "Heels" - is that still "swept under the rug" by the NCAA?

UNC, USC, Miami, Penn St, etc. and now MSU. Does any of it really matter? The NCAA is one big sad joke. Maybe the NCAA should get back to the serious business of game rules like the touchdown celebration rule.

And those watchdogs are also filled with biased and corruptible people and on and on. I'm pretty biased about that....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The media. And fans that give a **** about this stuff instead of turning a blinds eye.

Or we can just throw our hands up. Anarchy.

http://www.redcuprebellion.com/2016...ter-hugh-freeze-david-saunders-adrian-wiggins

The investigation is more likely regarding women's basketball than the current football program.

As an aside: the Women's basketball violations involved HC Adrian Wiggens, assistant coach (Kenya Landers) and director of basketball operations (Michael Landers). They were cashiered within a year of being hired in 2012. Marlene Stollings, an assistant coach for the previous HC, Renee Ladner, had left to become HC at Winthrop in 2011. The WBB recruiting and academic violations were, at the time, considered limited to the Landers.

Sources have told SB Nation's Steve Godfrey that only five of the 32 NCAA allegations against Ole Miss stem from the football program, with the rest pertaining to the track team and women's hoops. The Clarion-Ledger reports that of the football violations, the majority stem from six years ago, the early years of the Houston Nutt regime. ESPN reports that of the leftover violations associated with the current football staff, most are tied to the Laremy Tunsil investigation, the results of which have been public knowledge for months.

So no, this is not the damning evidence against Hugh Freeze for which the message board masses have been clamoring ever since he landed a top-10 recruiting class in 2013. It's largely the result of an NCAA investigation that likely began more than two months before Nkemdiche, Treadwell and Tunsil inked their paperwork.

The NCAA has two sets of rules:

For the haves = Usually dismissed as a violation done by underlings requiring a slap in the wrist.

For the have nots = NCAA automatically feels they need a thorough investigation requiring heavy sanctions and possibly the death penalty.

If the papacy can be corrupted over the centuries, so can a few men that control the NCAA. Follow the money trail.

The NCAA has two sets of rules:

For the haves = Usually dismissed as a violation done by underlings requiring a slap in the wrist.

For the have nots = NCAA automatically feels they need a thorough investigation requiring heavy sanctions and possibly the death penalty.

If the papacy can be corrupted over the centuries, so can a few men that control the NCAA. Follow the money trail.

Is USC a have or have not?

Sorry this is way off topic but what is taking so long for the NCAA to deliver the punishment to UNC?

Sorry this is way off topic but what is taking so long for the NCAA to deliver the punishment to UNC?
The scale is so big that if they punished them relative to the scale of the cheating they would have to forfeit wins for 20 years, literally, and lose scholarships indefinitely. 2,000 students took fake courses over a 20 year period. How do you punish that? It ought to be a death penalty case, it is the definition of lack of institutional control unless someone wants to conclude the school knew exactly what it was doing.

The scale is so big that if they punished them relative to the scale of the cheating they would have to forfeit wins for 20 years, literally, and lose scholarships indefinitely. 2,000 students took fake courses over a 20 year period. How do you punish that? It ought to be a death penalty case, it is the definition of lack of institutional control unless someone wants to conclude the school knew exactly what it was doing.

Correct.

And here in MN, the Gophs are still feeling the effects after nearly 20 years.

Let's all remember - NO ONE would come here to coach after the mess. Monson tried and failed.

But UNC will be punished and hit hard right? I agree that based on other school's punishments they should get he death penalty.

I remember a few years ago when Ole Miss had the number one recruiting class out of nowhere and people were wondering if some funny business was going on. One of the guys tied up in this mess is Dave Saunders of Louisiana-Lafayette (was also at Ole Miss). I wonder how close he and Jay Johnson were at that school:

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...h-david-saunders-receives-sanctions/78684126/

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...aa-violations-involve-football-021416363.html

Wasn't it because they signed like 315 players one year?

I'm convinced one of the best jobs in the country is to do the investigations for the NCAA. It appears you can work at whatever pace you want. It must be nice to work 10 hours a week. Then they can just throw a dart at a dartboard to decide what the penalty will be.

I guess Rick Pitino said on Mike & Mike that he hasn't even been interviewed by the NCAA. Why the hell does it take so long? Makes no sense.

I'm convinced one of the best jobs in the country is to do the investigations for the NCAA. It appears you can work at whatever pace you want. It must be nice to work 10 hours a week. Then they can just throw a dart at a dartboard to decide what the penalty will be.

I guess Rick Pitino said on Mike & Mike that he hasn't even been interviewed by the NCAA. Why the hell does it take so long? Makes no sense.

Very true. They work at their own pace and make up rules as they go. It is worse in that way than the NFL.

If UNC gets off with similar penalties than those that Gangle-gate brought to the Gophers (forfeiture of schollys, abandonment of titles etc) is there any legal recourse we (the UofM or a class action of fans/) pursue against the NCAA?

Please note-the legal degree I ordered off the cereal box has yet to arrive, but am curious it there is any possible action to take against that sham of an organization.

Earliest, according to this article is Spring of 2016. Article is lengthy, well-written, and summarizes feelings of many contributing to this thread.

Top Bottom