I'm calling it right now

And I stand by second to your call. Heck even the Illinois fan had more faith then several of our own fans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call. This team really came together. Funny that a one post Illini fan came and made a very upbeat prediction as well.

I come in peace...Illini fan here. I've really only posted on another teams forum once...the Iowa board. But now that Iowa fans think they have the best college basketball team in the last 25 years, I've decided to come talk basketball with you guys. I've watched a couple Gopher games and i have to agree with the original statement. You guys are going to have a damn good team maybe as soon as next year. I've been really impressed with Murphy. Reminds me a little of Branden Dawson. Im also a big fan of Nate Mason. IMO you guys have the pieces to have a very good team next year. Just depends on if Pitino can get them to work together...I dont know what everybodies thoughts of Pitino are on here so i wont comment on him. :)

Just keeping this top of stack. The season will be here before you know it, and I'll be in need of a reminder of the many who doubted and the few who believed.

I'll be bumping this monthly until the season begins. :)

Fun thread to read. It's fun having a talented roster. NOBODY saw it coming.

We knew we had a good one in N. Mason's first year and likewise with Coffey on his way. Jan 2016 I could see an NCAA tourney on the horizon. McBrayer, Lynch, Murphy the three surprises that have vaulted us higher - nice call and thread!

Don't let the Debbie Downers get to you TD Vikings. I remember your original post and thought you were spot on. Hopefully we can continue to bump this once in a while!

This is going to be a good team. When I look at Mason, Murphy, McBrayer, Dorsey, Gilbert, I don't see a Mav or Chip among them. They're all going to blossom into a Hollins/Hollins level of player. ALL of them. I'm seeing player development each week.

Basically, the problem Tubby had was that when he had Mbakwe and Williams, he could kill you inside. It's just that the rest of his roster was Coleman (could not shoot and had a skill set that overlapped Mbakwe's and Williams', so he was redundant - not additive), and the two Hollins, plus Chip/Mav/Welch. Basically, on any given night you could pack the lane with three players - that stunts Mbakwe/Williams/Coleman (none of whom could shoot), ignore whichever Hollins is having an off night, and chase the other Hollins all the hell over the court. Done. He needed a couple more guards of the same level as Hollins/Hollins so that which ever couple were "on" could play the major minutes that night. Well that's what we're gonna have: lots of Hollins/Hollins level players. Plus we'll have Lynch & Fitz, so we'll have an inside game. This team will be good, balanced and well constructed. Just not this year.

To all the naysayers, ignore the losses, watch the player development. We're going to be very good. Don't know how you can't see it.

(Didn't mean to invoke a Tubby versus Pitino debate, by the way. For the record, I would not have fired Tubby, but I think Pitino will be great.)

I'm all for the stroking of one's ego, but it wasn't as if you nailed this 100%. In fact, it reads as a fairly generic optimistic post. To be fair, you were one of the few posters bold enough to "come out" in your optimism for the Gophers.

Since this thread is about pumping up one's own prognostication abilities... I was sitting at the Purdue/Gophers football game at the Bank prior to the 2016-17 hoops season, and told him definitively that I thought we would be dancing in March. He is an ex-GH poster, so I could get him to verify if you're interested

Top Bottom