Shooter: Meanwhile, inexplicably, Minnesota has yet to offer Kill a position

When this first happened, I really wanted Coach Kill to stay with the U. The more I've thought about it since, I think both sides might be better served with a separation.

If you were a coach of a Power 5 program, would you want to walk those halls as a glorified telemarketer who begs for money?

If you were Coach Claeys, though you like and respect JK a lot, do you really need him looking over your shoulder, popping in to question something you did, etc.?

If you were the new AD, do you need some coach who you never had a connection to hanging around?

Coach Claeys would never publicly say it, but I'm sure he'd just as soon not have JK around so he can make his own name for himself. He will carefully give JK credit now and then, but at some point, he wants to be the coach, not the proxy for JK. As long as JK is present at the U, Coach Claeys is just his fill in...

Where on Earth did you get the idea that professional fundraisers are "glorified telemarketers" who "beg for money"?

per Shooter:

By the way, Kill, who resigned due to health reasons in October, finally heard from a top University of Minnesota administrator last week, who called to say hello.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/01/3...r-says-hazeltine-will-be-great-for-ryder-cup/

Go Gophers!!

Shooter is desperate to make this into a big deal. He is trying to paint the picture of Kill waiting by the phone for the U to call and it just not happening while his phone is ringing off the hook with job offers from other locations.

aw shucks country jer

Kill is still playing the crowd. aw shucks

What are the honest to gods chances that Minnesota offers Kill a position with the University? I think they are absolutely crazy to not..

Are they waiting till a new AD is hired?

What are the honest to gods chances that Minnesota offers Kill a position with the University? I think they are absolutely crazy to not..

Hi Jerry, Hope things are going well for you. Sorry I cannot offer more info on the AD hiring at the U of M. Take care!

Jerry already moved home.

Whatever he does, if ever anything, it won't be that big of a job if he's back home.

Jerry is gonna sell his book, do some consulting maybe, or just give speeches and such I bet. Not even sure he wants a job....

I love how people just assume they have all the info based on some quick note from Sid, Shooter, or Doogie. If Kill truly wants a job within the athletic department at the U of M and is ready to go back to work I have zero doubt in my mind that the U would work with him to find a role.

However I fall in the camp with those that think Kill doesn't want to work for the U of M. He has moved back home and he will find something that interests him. In a lot of ways it is probably best for everyone for him to move on to something else outside the U of M. Definitely the best thing for Claeys as he can then 100% make the program his own. As long as Kill is in the picture at all there will always be that association and crossover.

Top Bottom