WBB: Gopher Recruits-Taiye and Kehinde Bello Update

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.hometownlife.com/story/s...1/22/chargers-gallop-easy-win-hawks/79156174/

The Bellos play for Southfield-Lathrup in the Detroit area:

That was a reference to Lathrup’s version of the Twin Towers – 6-foot-3 senior twins Taiye and Kehinde Bello, both of whom are headed to the University of Minnesota.

While they run the floor well, they were especially active in the post in the half-court offense and crashed the boards.

Taiye scored 20 points and grabbed 13 rebounds; Kehinde completed her sister with eight and six, respectively.

“I loved the way the twins came out, really capitalizing on their size and running the high-low sets in the post,” Marshall said.

“Taiye started out slowly this year, but she is a legitimate basketball player. I love the points, but I love her domination on the boards.

“One of the biggest advantages we have is our size on the inside. We want to work a little more on the high-low, and I think the girls did a very good job of running those sets.”

One twin is always better than the other. I suppose this was a case of not getting one without having to take the other. Check out Kelsey Mitchell's sister. You know how she got on the Ohio State squad.
Hopefully they're both good but unless one of them can play center, I'm doubting either will get time ahead of Fernstrom.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/h...thfield-lathrup-detroit-renaissance/81254152/

Lay-ups come at a minimum when playing Southfield-Lathrup’s twin towers Taiye and Kehinde Bello.

Detroit Renaissance (15-5) learned that the hard way in Wednesday’s district semifinal against the host Chargers.

Most drives to the basket were met with the Bellos swatting the ball out of bounds or to a teammate.

Standing 6-3 and 6-4, the twins controlled the middle while Deja Church and Antoinette Miller showed why they are as dynamic as any pair of scorers in the state.

That added up to a 60-40 victory for the Chargers (19-3) and a trip to the district final Friday against Southfield...

..“The twins came to play tonight. We talked about the idea of them needing to be big because they could be the X-factor for a lot of games. They were big on defense and the rebounding.”

Taiye Bello chipped in 11 points offensively

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/h...thfield-lathrup-detroit-renaissance/81254152/

Lay-ups come at a minimum when playing Southfield-Lathrup’s twin towers Taiye and Kehinde Bello.

Detroit Renaissance (15-5) learned that the hard way in Wednesday’s district semifinal against the host Chargers.

Most drives to the basket were met with the Bellos swatting the ball out of bounds or to a teammate.

Standing 6-3 and 6-4, the twins controlled the middle while Deja Church and Antoinette Miller showed why they are as dynamic as any pair of scorers in the state.

That added up to a 60-40 victory for the Chargers (19-3) and a trip to the district final Friday against Southfield...

..“The twins came to play tonight. We talked about the idea of them needing to be big because they could be the X-factor for a lot of games. They were big on defense and the rebounding.”

Taiye Bello chipped in 11 points offensively

Some Gopher women that play defense - what a concept ! Can't wait for them to give some inside presence.

http://www.candgnews.com/sports/lat...t-southfield-56-28-class-district-final-90844

The Bello's advance to the regional semifinals.

“(Southfield) did a good job to slow the game down in the first half,” Marshall said. “We talked at halftime about playing uptempo. We went to a man-to-man defense, and that helped.”

Church finished with a game-high 17 points to lead all scorers.

Antoinette Miller added 16 points in the win, while Shawna Manning scored nine, Taiye Bello added seven, and twin sister Kehinde Bello scored five.

The Bello’s were a force inside on both ends of the floor, greatly altering the way the Blue Jays were able to attack.

Lathrup, now 20-3, advances to Tuesday’s regional semifinal at Dearborn Fordson and takes on Livonia Churchill (10-13) at 5:30 p.m.

http://www.miprepzone.com/oakland/results.asp?ID=18606

Detroit King's three point barrage in regional final ends Southfield-Lathrup's and the Bello's seasons.

Church and Miller put in 18 and 15 points respectively. Senior center Taiye Bello recorded a double-double of 13 points and 10 rebounds. Miller is inked with Cincinnati, Bello and her twin sister Kehinde are destined for the Big Ten and the University of Minnesota. Church is one of the best juniors in the state and currently uncommitted

What's the max they can have on a roster? If they add these two, Brunson, Gadiva, Fernstrom, and Bell and only lose Bailey, Banham, and Maucalley.... it seems like she might be forcing more transfers. I'm kinda surprised Buckingham has survived this long.

What's the max they can have on a roster? If they add these two, Brunson, Gadiva, Fernstrom, and Bell and only lose Bailey, Banham, and Maucalley.... it seems like she might be forcing more transfers. I'm kinda surprised Buckingham has survived this long.

In women's basketball the scholarship limit is 15. We currently have 14 (Bell and Fernstrom are included in that number). We lose three and gain four which puts us at 15.

Top Bottom