STrib: Don Lucia feels the heat, but wants to keep his seat

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the STrib:

Don Lucia has no plans to give up his office at Mariucci Arena.

“I’ll be 58 this summer, I still love being with the kids,” the Gophers hockey coach said Tuesday. “Am I going to be coaching when I’m 70? No. But I still want to do it for a while longer. How long that is? I don’t know.”

Lucia’s assertion comes amid another turbulent stretch for him and his team. This latest “hot seat” moment — real or imagined — for Lucia also comes with time running short on his contract that expires following the 2016-17 season.

The veteran coach has experienced both championship celebrations and, in more recent seasons, fan fury over perceived underachieving. He’s taken plenty of heat in his 29 years behind the bench, but the most recent jabs hit home enough to cause Lucia to respond.

http://www.startribune.com/don-lucia-feels-the-heat-but-wants-to-keep-his-seat/365860111/

Go Gophers!!

Hey Don (and writer Jason Gonzalez),

The heat isn't because you're not an alum. It's because you've turned one of the, if not the, premiere programs in the country into the fourth/fifth best team in the state.

Hey Don (and writer Carlos Gonzalez),

The heat isn't because you're not an alum. It's because you've turned one of the, if not the, premiere programs in the country into the fourth/fifth best team in the state.

Is writer Carlos Gonzalez related to Jason Gonzalez, the Star Tribune reporter who wrote this story?

Go after Dean Blais! He should of been the coach 4 years ago! Lucia's teams are an embarrassment to the State of Minnesota. He's reached a level lower than Woog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just keep the team winning and this all go away Don

Go after Dean Blais! He should of been the coach 4 years ago! Lucia's teams are an embarrassment to the State of Minnesota. He's reached a level lower than Woog! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean Blais is 65 years old and is at his last stop

Just keep the team winning and this all go away Don
Maybe if they crap the bed at the North star Cup and in the first round of the NCAA's or worse not make it, no amount of Big Ten wins will save him from criticism.

Top Bottom