Adam Hippe new LB grad assistant

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

It appears he played his college ball at River Falls.

I was looking for the Scatman Crothers' "damn hippies" video clip, but I can't find it anywhere.

At least he didn't say he was taking his talents to the University of MN. :)

One question I have is the use of LB in his title. I recall grad assistants usually being tied to either Offense/Defense/Special Teams but don't recall seeing grad assistants being linked to a particular position.

At least he didn't say he was taking his talents to the University of MN. :)

One question I have is the use of LB in his title. I recall grad assistants usually being tied to either Offense/Defense/Special Teams but don't recall seeing grad assistants being linked to a particular position.

I think staffs usually try to balance out the number of offensive and defensive GAs. It might (I'm not sure) be more uncommon to see a GA coach a position, often times it is Asst. OL/TE, etc but Adam Weber is a GA and filled the role as a QB coach in the bowl game. I know that is temporary, but an example.

There's precedent Trevor Olson was a Grad Asst/Offensive Line

Claeys also mentioned last week that Dan O'Brien and a Grad Assistant will be helping Sawvel with DB's next year.

Claeys also mentioned last week that Dan O'Brien and a Grad Assistant will be helping Sawvel with DB's next year.

How many Grad Asst. can a team have? I thought it was posted in one of DL's Sunday recaps that Weber was also staying on as Grad Asst. this season. I could have misread that.

How many Grad Asst. can a team have? I thought it was posted in one of DL's Sunday recaps that Weber was also staying on as Grad Asst. this season. I could have misread that.
I'm not sure of the limit but I can think of at least four from last year two on offense and two on defense. Adam Weber and Trevor Olson on offense and Mike McElroy and Cory Hanson on defense. Olson and McElroy have both finished their time and moved on to full time coaching jobs.

Top Bottom