Gopher legend Bud Grant continues to prove he's a bad ass!!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
88 years old and Chuck Norris is still afraid of this guy!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Again, the only thing dumber then Bud and his "I don't care if it's cold" tough guy gimmick is folks that are impressed by it.

Again, the only thing dumber then Bud and his "I don't care if it's cold" tough guy gimmick is folks that are impressed by it.

Would you rather have too cold guy or chili hot guy?

Quit being a stick-in-the-mud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 yd field goal, 258 attempted in NFL this season, 98% made.

No excuse missing that FG after being properly motivated by Bud pregame.

Reminds me of an old joke updated for the current circumstances.

Viking Fan Sven: Did you hear dey are building a monument of Fred Cox directly behind the goal posts at the new stadium?

Viking Fan Ole: Oh, dat's a nice ting to do. Where they gonna build the one for Blair Walsh? A little off to the left?

Seriously, I can't think of a franchise more cursed by missed FGs than the Vikings.

Meh...had he been eating a Dilly Bar in his polo shirt, I would have been impressed

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Than vs. then
Then is mainly an adverb, often used to situate actions in time. For example, you wake up in the morning and then have breakfast. It’s also used in if … then constructions such as, “If you wake late, then you might have to skip breakfast.” It also works as a noun meaning that time (e.g., “I wanted breakfast, but then was not a good time”) and as an adjective meaning at that time (e.g., “My then boyfriend was not an early riser”).

Than is a conjunction used mainly in making comparisons—e.g., “My breakfast is better than yours”; “I make breakfast differently than you do.”

To help distinguish between the two words, remember that than has no one-word synonyms. It is a one-of-a-kind word. To illustrate, try thinking of a single word to replace than in “My breakfast is better than yours.” There isn’t one. Then, in contrast, has many synonyms and often bears replacement with an equivalent word or phrase. For instance, “I woke up and then had breakfast” can become “I woke up and subsequently had breakfast.” The exception is in if … then constructions, where the then is usually required. But for these situations, just remember that then, not than, is the correct spelling of the word often paired with if.

Than vs. then
Then is mainly an adverb, often used to situate actions in time. For example, you wake up in the morning and then have breakfast. It’s also used in if … then constructions such as, “If you wake late, then you might have to skip breakfast.” It also works as a noun meaning that time (e.g., “I wanted breakfast, but then was not a good time”) and as an adjective meaning at that time (e.g., “My then boyfriend was not an early riser”).

Than is a conjunction used mainly in making comparisons—e.g., “My breakfast is better than yours”; “I make breakfast differently than you do.”

To help distinguish between the two words, remember that than has no one-word synonyms. It is a one-of-a-kind word. To illustrate, try thinking of a single word to replace than in “My breakfast is better than yours.” There isn’t one. Then, in contrast, has many synonyms and often bears replacement with an equivalent word or phrase. For instance, “I woke up and then had breakfast” can become “I woke up and subsequently had breakfast.” The exception is in if … then constructions, where the then is usually required. But for these situations, just remember that then, not than, is the correct spelling of the word often paired with if.

You didn't wear a hat today either, huh?

I agree. Frostbite still happens no matter how tough you think you are.

I agree. Frostbite still happens no matter how tough you think you are.

And clearly this was just grandstanding. He never coached a cold game in a polo shirt. And of course, with little wind, being out in the cold for a couple of minutes was no real danger.

Bud really needs a hobby. Maybe he could look into the proper interpretation of treaty rights.

27 yd field goal, 258 attempted in NFL this season, 98% made.

-Gophers at the half yard line with two chances and seconds remaining, can't score and win.
-Vikings at the 10 with a chance with seconds remaining, can't score and win.

That elusive TCFBS west endzone.....

-Gophers at the half yard line with two chances and seconds remaining, can't score and win.
-Vikings at the 10 with a chance with seconds remaining, can't score and win.

That elusive TCFBS west endzone.....
I thought this today as well. How much misery can a Minnesota can stand?! My God, these aren't "normal", we suck losses. These are heart wrenching.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=71b4aabf34520ce605cfab286e2f955a&oe=56FB9195

12438953_819076291554455_6550312785367996360_n.jpg

And clearly this was just grandstanding. He never coached a cold game in a polo shirt. And of course, with little wind, being out in the cold for a couple of minutes was no real danger.

Bud really needs a hobby. Maybe he could look into the proper interpretation of treaty rights.

Some posters need to get a sense of humor. Bud took his coat off on the sidelines and walked out to the coin flip in order to make fun of his tough guy reputation and give Vikings fans a laugh. I wasn't there but I am guessing most of the fans loved it. Those who didn't are most likely Bud haters. There still seem to be quite of few of them around.

Some posters in this thread need to get a sense of humor. Bud took his coat off on the sidelines and walked out to the coin flip in order to make fun of his reputation and have give Vikings fans a laugh. I wasn't there but I am guessing most of the fans loved it. Those who didn't are most likely Bud haters. There are seem to be quite of few of them around.

Agreed. I thought it was totally awesome, and I think most people probably did. Leave it to this board to rip a former Gopher great.

You are not alone; I was thinking the same thing. Put a coat on old man.;)

Tough guy and a cheap ass. His daughter was in the same sorority as my wife at St.Cloud St.
She borrowed money from everyone because her dad was so tight fisted.

Top Bottom