Daniels Twins decommit

Looks like they want to be closer to home. Like Jerry Kill said, they want players who want to plat here.

ECU? Carter Coughlin, take care of this,,,,

With the way these two love themselves and any/all attention on Twitter, half of me thinks this was always the plan.

247 makes it seem like staff may have known this was coming.

"I posted back in early December that Minnesota wanted 5 DBs this cycle. After Durr and Winfield Jr. committed, I noted that Minnesota would have still taken the JUCO kids in Elijah Battle and Kris Weatherspoon at the mid-signing date, bringing them to 7 DBs. 7-2 is...

I can tell you that Minnesota didn't expect to lose Elijah Battle. So, theoretically at that point, if you get a Tyrez Lindsey (main target I've been hearing) and lose two, you're still at that magic number 5.

That said, Minnesota has remained in contact with a few DB targets, some I listed above and some that I expect to hear from soon. Look for Minnesota to bring in two more DBs."

Recruiting is messed up on both sides. The things they do in the SEC with over signing and grey shirting is despicable. As for Foster and Poljian, if it went down as you described, then yes, that's just wrong. But we have no idea that's what happened. And even if they were told that, I'd be willing to bet money they didn't have their offer withdrawn. I don't ever recall an offer being withdrawn from a solid verbal commit (these "bumps" you speak of). But I do know there's a lot of pressure to commit... Which is part of the reason there are a lot of decommits. So like I said, it sucks all around. Comes with the territory unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
That is what happened and it happens all the time. Nothing is binding either way until an LOI is signed. That's why there's always talk about who's offer is commutable and who's isn't. You may not pay much attention to recruiting but yes, players get jerked around quite often. Which is why many of the smart ones 'commit' to the best offer they have to hold a spot until other options come available. They know full well that at any moment they can be cut loose if a staff finds another player they like better.

I thought the reason people wanted Claeys was because to keep the staff in place and all of the recruits. Neither is happening.

Some people said it was a reason they wanted Claeys, not the only reason. Most of the recruits and staff are still at Minnesota.

I thought the reason people wanted Claeys was because to keep the staff in place and all of the recruits. Neither is happening.

What an ass! So Claeys got rid of the two coaches that were the obvious weak links - a positive. They change priorities on a few guys and lose a few weak commits, all as expected. No sane person can say they have lost the staff or recruits like they would have if they brought in a whole new staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claeys made changes to the offense and to the recruiting priorities in order to put his stamp on his team.

I'm still hopeful that Snelson still comes here. A great young scholar athlete and seems like an upstanding young man as well. Will be a terrific addition to our team.

Terrific young man

I'm still hopeful that Snelson still comes here. A great young scholar athlete and seems like an upstanding young man as well. Will be a terrific addition to our team.

I agree...he can lead us to the Rose Bowl.

The only reason he was coming here was because the Daniels Twins. They want to play together, somewhere.
Without those two, he doesn't even consider us I don't think. It might also be why we recruited the twins in
the first place, to get the 'entire' package, that included Snelson.

I don't begrudge the Daniels twins changing their minds like that, as choice of school is obviously a momentous and highly personal decision in a person's life, but it's the antics of these two clowns on social media which has me feeling more than a bit annoyed. I mean they're just publicly spewing on and on for months and months and months about how thrilled they are with their commitment to Minnesota and how solid and firm and COMMITTED they are about it and blah, blah, blah, blah, blahbitty blah, and then they all of a sudden start acting all coy, setting up visits to other schools, doing stupid-ass things like putting the turtle images on their Twitter pages when they're getting set to visit Maryland, and all the while professing "Oh no way, man. We are still *so* solid to Minnesota. We're just taking visits!", it's just ridiculous.

I mean c'mon, grow a set of collective balls and stop acting like flirtatious preteen females. It's fine if you want to decommit, that happens regularly at every school, and life goes on for all concerned in spite. But this Mickey Mouse production made these two look like a couple of complete jokers, and I'm embarrassed for them. Had they changed their minds and quietly decommitted absent the months worth of public spectacle, hey, I can totally respect that, but this drawn-out routine they put on was just quite frankly pathetic. Really, really lame, Daniels twins.

I don't begrudge the Daniels twins changing their minds like that, as choice of school is obviously a momentous and highly personal decision in a person's life, but it's the antics of these two clowns on social media which has me feeling more than a bit annoyed. I mean they're just publicly spewing on and on for months and months and months about how thrilled they are with their commitment to Minnesota and how solid and firm and COMMITTED they are about it and blah, blah, blah, blah, blahbitty blah, and then they all of a sudden start acting all coy, setting up visits to other schools, doing stupid-ass things like putting the turtle images on their Twitter pages when they're getting set to visit Maryland, and all the while professing "Oh no way, man. We are still *so* solid to Minnesota. We're just taking visits!", it's just ridiculous.

I mean c'mon, grow a set of collective balls and stop acting like flirtatious preteen females. It's fine if you want to decommit, that happens regularly at every school, and life goes on for all concerned in spite. But this Mickey Mouse production made these two look like a couple of complete jokers, and I'm embarrassed for them. Had they changed their minds and quietly decommitted absent the months worth of public spectacle, hey, I can totally respect that, but this drawn-out routine they put on was just quite frankly pathetic. Really, really lame, Daniels twins.

Could not agree more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with the sentiment of your post however the only reason they are even in this position is because of all the people who get obsessed with recruiting and treat these kids like gods, hanging on their every word and trying to figure out what ever little tweet or comment means. As others have said social media has turned recruiting into a massive circus on both sides. Best advice for anyone following recruiting is to pay attention to it and follow it if you want to but don't get invested in any recruit until after signing day. Too many times you see fans get so excited about a recruit only to be crushed when that recruit changes their mind or whatever.

I want to preface my remarks by saying they are not directed specifically at the Daniels twins, but at a large number of high school athletes in general. I am amazed at the number of kids that say they commit or de-commit from a college after extended prayers. My first reaction is if the general public prayed about their decisions as much as high school athletes claim to, our churches would be full every Sunday. Second, if God told you to commit to a school, I doubt he changed his mind and told you to go elsewhere. And finally, God has many bigger things on his plate than college sports and who goes where to play them. I get it that kids change their minds, and they have every right to do so. But it seems to me that some of them try to deflect the blame, so to speak, when they simply have a change of heart when coaches,other players,friends parents or whoever help convince them to change their minds. Sorry for the rant .

The Daniels brothers have seemed self-absorbed this entire time, so this doesn't surprise me in the least. This allows them to gain more twitter followers and have more people tune in to their selection. In their mind, this makes them seem more desirable and thus makes them seem like better football players. The gophers don't need phony players like these, we need players devoted to the U and devoted to building this program. Let these phony players go to the flashy schools with flashy uniforms where they will fizzle out and never play on Sundays.

Agree with the sentiment of your post however the only reason they are even in this position is because of all the people who get obsessed with recruiting and treat these kids like gods, hanging on their every word and trying to figure out what ever little tweet or comment means. As others have said social media has turned recruiting into a massive circus on both sides. Best advice for anyone following recruiting is to pay attention to it and follow it if you want to but don't get invested in any recruit until after signing day. Too many times you see fans get so excited about a recruit only to be crushed when that recruit changes their mind or whatever.

Oh I agree completely. I blame it in part on LeBron James and his 'Decision', as that exercise in maximum melodrama, emotional manipulation and attention-grabbing was sadly a formative memory for many young people today. These two were like a 10 cent version of that and just so transparently over the top about it that I found the whole thing to be absurd with just how much carrying on they were doing, obviously a means to try and maximize attention by being as manipulative as possible. The whole thing was just a charade. Like I say, uber-lame, and regarding their recruitment, you contrast the social media conduct of these two to say that of Carter Coughlin or Tyler Moore or countless other young men going through the same craziness, and these wankers come up sadly short by comparison. Some people at that age are young men while others are much, much more the fool, and I would place the Daniels twins firmly into that latter category, highly immature and pretty much just wasting people's time. Given that, they may as well be headed off to clown college at this point, as that would seem more reflective of their mentality.

Agree too about the obsession with recruiting. I don't buy into any of that until their signature is written in ink upon the bottom line, and even then, you cannot know who the real players are until you see them out there on the field on Saturdays.

After reading this, it's apparent that the players aren't the only ones that sound like the "flirtatious preteen females" you mention.

You guys sound like the oldest, whiniest, most miserable people. Kids post on social media. You lames are the one actually reading the things they write to their high school friends. They're in high school. High school kids love everything they're involved with until they don't. In college every year I joked that when you see a freshman girl with more than one other girl she's walking with at least one of her future sworn enemies as every girl freshman girl crew splintered within a year. You're essentially mad at high school kids for being high school kids and the ONLY reason you're paying any attention to them is because they were saying they wanted to go to your favorite school. Get over it and stop demonizing kids because YOU don't like their decisions. If you've got beef with kids talking on Twitter then simply ignore all of it. You don't have to follow them, you don't have to read threads about their every phone call and visit, and you don't have to get caught up in the recruiting process. Instead you choose to hop on the train while complaining about it like babies

Fans like the social media stuff as long as it pertains to their favorite social. Only after the high school kid moves on to another school do the fans think the kid is self absorbed.

Oh I agree completely. I blame it in part on LeBron James and his 'Decision', as that exercise in maximum melodrama, emotional manipulation and attention-grabbing was sadly a formative memory for many young people today. These two were like a 10 cent version of that and just so transparently over the top about it that I found the whole thing to be absurd with just how much carrying on they were doing, obviously a means to try and maximize attention by being as manipulative as possible. The whole thing was just a charade. Like I say, uber-lame, and regarding their recruitment, you contrast the social media conduct of these two to say that of Carter Coughlin or Tyler Moore or countless other young men going through the same craziness, and these wankers come up sadly short by comparison. Some people at that age are young men while others are much, much more the fool, and I would place the Daniels twins firmly into that latter category, highly immature and pretty much just wasting people's time. Given that, they may as well be headed off to clown college at this point, as that would seem more reflective of their mentality.

Agree too about the obsession with recruiting. I don't buy into any of that until their signature is written in ink upon the bottom line, and even then, you cannot know who the real players are until you see them out there on the field on Saturdays.

I get so sick of hearing kids announcing on tv, "I'll be taking my talents to _____." It was obnoxious when Lebron said he was taking he talents to South Beach, much less some high schooler.

The irony of you calling kids you don't know 'clowns', 'fools', and the like strictly based off of their social media posts about what college they'll attend is extra thick.

You guys sound like the oldest, whiniest, most miserable people. Kids post on social media. You lames are the one actually reading the things they write to their high school friends. They're in high school. High school kids love everything they're involved with until they don't. In college every year I joked that when you see a freshman girl with more than one other girl she's walking with at least one of her future sworn enemies as every girl freshman girl crew splintered within a year. You're essentially mad at high school kids for being high school kids and the ONLY reason you're paying any attention to them is because they were saying they wanted to go to your favorite school. Get over it and stop demonizing kids because YOU don't like their decisions. If you've got beef with kids talking on Twitter then simply ignore all of it. You don't have to follow them, you don't have to read threads about their every phone call and visit, and you don't have to get caught up in the recruiting process. Instead you choose to hop on the train while complaining about it like babies
Relax oleboy. If you don't agree with their views you don't have to read their posts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'd be worried about Snelson but the class is still ok without him and the Daniels twins. I really think in the longterm Minnesota and neighboring states and the Midwest (Ohio, IL, MI) and PA and NJ should be the primary targets. I doubt any longterm connections are going to be made with Southern states.

Relax oleboy. If you don't agree with their views you don't have to read their posts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wait! What? How the hell does one know if he doesn't agree with one's post unless he reads the damned thing.

The irony of you calling kids you don't know 'clowns', 'fools', and the like strictly based off of their social media posts about what college they'll attend is extra thick.
You can ABSOLUTELY call kids fools based on their social media posts. Adults getting bent out of shape from the actions and messages put out by 16 and 17 year olds is a completely separate issue though.

Top Bottom