Daniels Twins decommit

Disappointing. I was looking forward to the Daniels twins in Maroon and Gold. Hopefully this doesn't sway Snelson.....but everything that I've seen points to Snelson committing due to the Daniels commitments. I really hope that I'm wrong.

Neither were qualifiers.

I am sure there are back up plans.

Disappointing. I was looking forward to the Daniels twins in Maroon and Gold. Hopefully this doesn't sway Snelson.....but everything that I've seen points to Snelson committing due to the Daniels commitments. I really hope that I'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure Snelson is gone. Looks like he's going to Miami.

I am sure there are back up plans.

I get the impression we already took commits from the backup plans. That's why we had 45 defensive backs committed at once. Some were no longer committed, we just didn't know. I have no idea if these two kids were any good or not (they weren't rated terribly high), but I think we'll be fine.

I get the impression we already took commits from the backup plans. That's why we had 45 defensive backs committed at once. Some were no longer committed, we just didn't know. I have no idea if these two kids were any good or not (they weren't rated terribly high), but I think we'll be fine.

Not sure why people keep saying this. The Gophers only have 3 DBs committed right now with Durr still receiving outside interest. 4 graduated or transferred after this season. We could use at least two more.

What a joke. Recruiting itself is ridiculous. Spend literally thousands of dollars visiting a kid and bringing him to visit, only to have him stab you in the back three weeks before signing - - too late to bring in a replacement of note. But alas, we're talking about high school kids here and it's unlikely to ever change. These two are especially precious though. Talk about character.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm assuming you were equally offended when the staff told Poljan and Foster to look elsewhere or when kids get bumped for better players every single year. Or is that not the same as when theyre doing the 'backstabbing'?

Look - no one player is bigger than the program. I don't care if its Joe Schmoe 2-star, or Buck Studly 4-star - no one player is bigger than the program. If Snelson winds up with the Gophers, great. If he doesn't, life goes on.

in the end, players have to want to play for your program. Let's see what happens next year with the new offense. If the Gophs can put a couple of solid years back-to-back (8, 9 wins - win a more prominent bowl game or two), then maybe we won't see kids using the Gophers as a fall-back position, or using them as leverage to try and get offers from other schools.

3f78c140f2241bd974d16272098a92f7.jpg

Look - no one player is bigger than the program. I don't care if its Joe Schmoe 2-star, or Buck Studly 4-star - no one player is bigger than the program. If Snelson winds up with the Gophers, great. If he doesn't, life goes on.

in the end, players have to want to play for your program. Let's see what happens next year with the new offense. If the Gophs can put a couple of solid years back-to-back (8, 9 wins - win a more prominent bowl game or two), then maybe we won't see kids using the Gophers as a fall-back position, or using them as leverage to try and get offers from other schools.

Well said, wren.

A tweet from somebody other than Snelson saying that "he's close". Yup......that pretty much confirms it.

A tweet from his buddy who is committed to Miami that Snelson retweeted.

No, it's not confirmed, which is why I never said it was.

A tweet from his buddy who is committed to Miami that Snelson retweeted.

No, it's not confirmed, which is why I never said it was.

How many Gophers related things did the Daniels twins and Snelson tweet, retweet, or favorite??

You never said it was confirmed.....but you did say "Looks like he is going to Miami". Semantics.............look it up.

How many Gophers related things did the Daniels twins and Snelson tweet, retweet, or favorite??

You never said it was confirmed.....but you did say "Looks like he is going to Miami". Semantics.............look it up.

When you say "it looks like it's gonna rain out" your friends don't lambast you if it doesn't rain.

Not sure why people keep saying this. The Gophers only have 3 DBs committed right now with Durr still receiving outside interest. 4 graduated or transferred after this season. We could use at least two more.

4 including Tyler Johnson.

Never got the feeling these two + Snelson were legit commits. They just like attention.

I'm assuming you were equally offended when the staff told Poljan and Foster to look elsewhere or when kids get bumped for better players every single year. Or is that not the same as when theyre doing the 'backstabbing'?
Recruiting is messed up on both sides. The things they do in the SEC with over signing and grey shirting is despicable. As for Foster and Poljian, if it went down as you described, then yes, that's just wrong. But we have no idea that's what happened. And even if they were told that, I'd be willing to bet money they didn't have their offer withdrawn. I don't ever recall an offer being withdrawn from a solid verbal commit (these "bumps" you speak of). But I do know there's a lot of pressure to commit... Which is part of the reason there are a lot of decommits. So like I said, it sucks all around. Comes with the territory unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

<b>Not sure why people keep saying this.</b> The Gophers only have 3 DBs committed right now with Durr still receiving outside interest. 4 graduated or transferred after this season. We could use at least two more.

Because everyone who said that said it when we also had the Daniel Twins and Battle on board.

Because everyone who said that said it when we also had the Daniel Twins and Battle on board.

Yeah that's 6 DBs committed with no guarantees they would all stay committed. They lost 4 this year and had a walk on play significant minutes all season due to injuries. I don't find that to be an excessive amount of DB commits at all.

I thought the reason people wanted Claeys was because to keep the staff in place and all of the recruits. Neither is happening.

I thought the reason people wanted Claeys was because to keep the staff in place and all of the recruits. Neither is happening.

TC and JS put DBs in the NFL. Can't imagine the coaching changes have anything to do with these 2 decommits.

With the way these two love themselves and any/all attention on Twitter, half of me thinks this was always the plan.

If Derek Snelson wants to be an impact player, and possibly start n a power 5 team as a freshman, and be in line for a top notch education, Minnesota is where you sign on.

If not, so be it. But he'd be wise to go with your initial instinct.

Top Bottom