Daniels Twins decommit

mnrat

Reaction score
Just saw on their Twitter page that they have decommitted from Minnesota.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just saw that. That means Snelson gone. Too bad these assclowns committed in the first place. We could have been looking elsewhere.

What a joke. Recruiting itself is ridiculous. Spend literally thousands of dollars visiting a kid and bringing him to visit, only to have him stab you in the back three weeks before signing - - too late to bring in a replacement of note. But alas, we're talking about high school kids here and it's unlikely to ever change. These two are especially precious though. Talk about character.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

And to think I was fairly sure they were solid because they called themselves "The Trio"....

This class isn't special anymore. Really discouraging.

Snelson put out a tweet that you can't trust anyone yesterday and four days ago about wishing he had enrolled early. I take it as he's not enjoying the last month of recruiting. They really need an early signing period in football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody blasting these kids or getting emotional about this needs to check their priorities. Kids get to go to whatever college they and their parents choose. And lets be honest, I doubt the staff was blindsided by this one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What a joke. Recruiting itself is ridiculous. Spend literally thousands of dollars visiting a kid and bringing him to visit, only to have him stab you in the back three weeks before signing - - too late to bring in a replacement of note. But alas, we're talking about high school kids here and it's unlikely to ever change. These two are especially precious though. Talk about character.

I'm sure they have back up options ready to go it isn't like this move is really a surprise. I'm sure Snelson will likely end up elsewhere too and of the 3 he is the only one I could've seen having an impact next year. I'm confident the staff will be able to find a couple DBs as good or better than the Daniels to fill the openings.

Dredrick just told Minnesota fans to chill out. He's not happy with the twins decommit.

This class isn't special anymore. Really discouraging.
These 2 didn't make the class and definitely won't break the class. Still a few weeks from signing day with plenty of high priority and talented targets still out there in Watts, Cushenberry, Castillo, Kasl, Allen, Pine, and others. Hard to judge this class now with the way it could still change before signing day but I'm not too worried about losing the Daniels twins.

I have not watched their tape, are they really that big of a loss? I don't remember having them with big time offers. I could be totally off base but not thinking they are a huge loss. Would be more upset with Durr going to UNC. Hopefully Snelson stays with his commitment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dredrick just told Minnesota fans to chill out. He's not happy with the twins decommit.

Did he delete that tweet? That's a little more encouraging if he's still planning to honor his commitment.

I'm sure they have back up options ready to go it isn't like this move is really a surprise. I'm sure Snelson will likely end up elsewhere too and of the 3 he is the only one I could've seen having an impact next year. I'm confident the staff will be able to find a couple DBs as good or better than the Daniels to fill the openings.
Oh, I'm not particularly pissed about losing these two - as you said, Snelson is the real prize. My comments were mostly on recruiting in general, although I understand I'm pissing into the wind here.

That said, I doubt the staff has "better" players just waiting in the wings. They've been recruiting these kids for well over a year and have dumped countless resources into signing them. Now if you're saying this staff has a history of finding and coaching up marginal and lightly recruited DBs, I absolutely agree and think we'll be completely fine.

They really need an early signing period in football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This. It's a joke right now. No point in even paying attention until signing day.

It's getting late in the recruiting process, staffs are scrambling to fill their slots, I'm guessing a lot snake oil salesmen are filling these kids (not just the Daniels twins) heads with all sorts of false hopes. I'd recommend they stick with the people they can trust and who have always been honest with them from the start, but who am I to judge? I wish they had stuck with their commitments but them going elsewhere won't make or break this recruiting class.

DB is not a big area of concern. Thomas, Winfield, Durr are stilll on board. Buford, Creighton and Dior Johnson are RS freshman. Hardin, Jacob Huff and Shenault will be sophomores with playing experience. Myrick, Travis, McGhee, Rogers and Ayinde have all started. If you can sign 3 DBs in each class you are in good shape.

Oh, I'm not particularly pissed about losing these two - as you said, Snelson is the real prize. My comments were mostly on recruiting in general, although I understand I'm pissing into the wind here.

That said, I doubt the staff has "better" players just waiting in the wings. They've been recruiting these kids for well over a year and have dumped countless resources into signing them. Now if you're saying this staff has a history of finding and coaching up marginal and lightly recruited DBs, I absolutely agree and think we'll be completely fine.

The "better" players thing is subjective I guess. I thought the Daniels were solid but nothing great I would put them behind Thomas, Durr, Winfield in ranking our DB commits and I like some of the "back-up plans" the staff has been recruiting a little more than I did the Daniels twins.

I'm 100% with MaxyJR1. With all the coaching turnover at the end of each season, you get these new guys taking the reins at all these programs and they don't see themselves as honor bound to leave kids who have already committed alone. Of course, we've benefited from that, but we don't hear much about that in here.

So I would say, put in an early-signing period with the following caveats: (1) if the coach who is in place when the commitment is made is fired or retires, the player can de-commit, and (2) the player can de-commit if the decision is mutually agreed to.

It sucks that it's this late in the recruiting process. Now we're struggling to fill spots.

This is the answer to "why are we taking so many DBs?"

is it eight or ten spots to fill counting James and Gant?

Of course it s@cks, but reality bites. This is big time college football. How do you think Western Michigan feels every time we beat them out of players they're interested in?

Don't blame the kids for decommiting. They are listening to all sorts of pied pipers.

Until the Gophers start winning consistently, they are going to deal with the reality that they faced getting poached.

It sounds like Durkin talks the talk (Hello Brewster!). On the other hand, if it is Miami calling, they probably get top billing for a Florida kid.

is it eight or ten spots to fill counting James and Gant?

Of course it s@cks, but reality bites. This is big time college football. How do you think Western Michigan feels every time we beat them out of players they're interested in?

Don't blame the kids for decommiting. They are listening to all sorts of pied pipers.

Until the Gophers start winning consistently, they are going to deal with the reality that they faced getting poached.

It sounds like Durkin talks the talk (Hello Brewster!). On the other hand, if it is Miami calling, they probably get top billing for a Florida kid.

Even then it will happen. It's just something everyone needs to get used to because it will never stop.

Top Bottom