CBS: Stanford's band makes fun of Iowa during Rose Bowl halftime show

You think 1 million dead and another million forced to emigrate out of a population of 8 million over the span of 3 years to be funny? Wow.

How many potatoes does it take to kill an Irishman?

Zero

Looks like there is someone here who wouldn't like Cards Against Humanity.

You've given us all a lot to think about! Well, that and who the punter will be next year.

Point taken. Thank you for reminding me that it's time to get back to Gopher football!

Tasteless. What is your take on "Hiroshima humor"? How about Holocaust jokes?

I don't get to tell any of those jokes. I'm neither Japanese or Jewish. Well...I'm not a full blown Jew, but I'm Jew-ish.

My great-grandparents came to America from Counties Wexford and Wicklow just after Black '47 so I don't feel bad about those jokes at all.

...somewhat back to topic - I'm not sure why people think that Stanford would do the same thing against us. Minneapolis has to be in the top 1-2% of awesome, cosmopolitan (read: Hipster) cities in the US - especially if you consider many of the po-dunk college towns that are portrayed as "cool." Maybe their band would make fun of us by becoming a jar of artisanal pickles or vegan sausage...but definitely not as the embarrassment to the country that is Iowa.

They'll find something to tickle the ivories of hardy sensible Scandiavian Minnesotans.

...somewhat back to topic - I'm not sure why people think that Stanford would do the same thing against us. Minneapolis has to be in the top 1-2% of awesome, cosmopolitan (read: Hipster) cities in the US - especially if you consider many of the po-dunk college towns that are portrayed as "cool." Maybe their band would make fun of us by becoming a jar of artisanal pickles or vegan sausage...but definitely not as the embarrassment to the country that is Iowa.

If we played Stanford in a bowl, the band wouldn't care about any hipster stats. They could have a field day mocking us for Megatongue and his escapades. That could be much more embarrassing than what Iowa just experienced.

IMO two things are true:
1. The Stanford Band is filled with the types of people who laugh at their own jokes.
2. This was still pretty funny

Top Bottom