Chip Kelly fired

I don't think he is going to go back to college yet. He is going to try and stick around in the NFL. He has a great shot at the Titans job IMO.

Colts gonna hire Sean Payton

Guessing Phil Knight phoned him 20x during the second 1/2 of Alamo Bowl this evening.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Man, talk about taking on a tall task. If it happens, it'll be interesting to see what he can do with Manziel, assuming he decides to keep him. I think that Manziel would be a far better fit for his system than either Lynch or Goff, but we'll see.

There was someone posting here during that draft that kept saying the Vikings would regret not drafting Manziel. What a disaster he has been.

There was someone posting here during that draft that kept saying the Vikings would regret not drafting Manziel. What a disaster he has been.

I had that same thought... Thank goodness we did not draft that man child.

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. Million dollar talent, ten cent head. He really does have about the maturity level and impulse control of a ten year old. If this were the 1970's, which was probably the zenith of the era of hard partying NFL quarterbacks, he'd be right at home, but it's not. Someone will take him on and try to make good of him, probably the Cowboys. Jerry Jones has a huge fricken man-crush for that guy in spite of all the off-topic nonsense.

Hopefully, he wises up fast and watches his money carefully.

Otherwise, he'll be joining the ranks of former millionaire athletes who have squandered their entire football earnings.

Hopefully, he wises up fast and watch his money.

Otherwise, he'll be joining the ranks of former millionaire athletes who have squandered their entire football earnings.

Well his family has money and quite a lot of it, but yeah, with a lifestyle like that, fortunes can vanish very quickly.

His whole backstory is so interesting. He comes from a very long line of scoundrels, drunkards and characters, wildcatters who struck it huge in the oilfields of Texas, so I'd say he comes by this nature honestly. It's like a Steinbeck novel almost, the Manziel family history. Great stuff, but the kid's too damn good a quarterback to be pissing away his talent like that.

Not surprised he got another gig. He was decent given his situation in Philly.

I suppose the timing wasn't the greatest since most college jobs had been filled but I thought there was a decent chance he would end up back in the college ranks. I think what he does can work great at that level but still not sold it is a viable offensive strategy in the NFL.

Well his family has money and quite a lot of it, but yeah, with a lifestyle like that, fortunes can vanish very quickly.

His whole backstory is so interesting. He comes from a very long line of scoundrels, drunkards and characters, wildcatters who struck it huge in the oilfields of Texas, so I'd say he comes by this nature honestly. It's like a Steinbeck novel almost, the Manziel family history. Great stuff, but the kid (was) too damn good a (College) quarterback to be pissing away his talent like that.

Now "Jonny Football" seems to be doing everything he can to get his way again. That is to engineer a move to the Cowboys. Wonder if Mommy and Daddy can help pull this one off too?

History has shown that there have been many, many fine College Quarterbacks who have been total, or near total busts in the NFL. Little Mister Manziel is gonna be right there with them. 5-10 years from now nobody will give a bleep what he does.

"Remember when I was Jonny Football?"

"Nope".

Chip Kelly to 49ers

On Thursday afternoon the San Francisco 49ers announced that they hired Chip Kelly to be the new head coach of their team. Kelly recently departed the Philadelphia Eagles.

Kelly is a fantastic hire for the head coach. Seriously. No jokes here. He will be a great head coach for the 49ers.

The key is — he just has to be the coach.

Kelly was a great head coach for Philadelphia for the first two years of his tenure there. The Eagles won 10 games both seasons. He installed high-tempo, exciting offenses that wore other teams down and ran the football extremely well. They seemed destined for years of dominance in the NFC East.

…Then Chip Kelly the general manager had to go and muck everything up.

For how good Kelly was as a coach, he was that bad (and worse) as a general manager.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/01/chip-kelly-hired-49ers-head-coach-san-francisco

Does Kaepernick stay there now? He seems like a good fit for his system.

Top Bottom