Where Does Leidner Finish In Career Passing Yards?

Where Does Leidner Finish In Career Passing Yards?

• 1st - He throws for 3121+ yards to pass Adam Weber.

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • 2nd - He throws for 2328+ yards to pass Bryan Cupito.

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • 3rd - He throws for 1716+ yards to pass Cory Sauter.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • 4th - He throws for 1542+ yards to pass Asad Abdul-Khaliq.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • 5th - He throws for 161+ yards to pass Marquel Fleetwood.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 6th - He throws for 44+ yards to pass Rickey Foggie.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • 7th - He doesn't play next season.

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mnsportsgeek

Reaction score
As it stands today, he is at 5118 passing yards.

His season by season breakdown is:

2013: 619
2014: 1798
2015: 2701

Where does he finish? I say firmly in 2nd. I don't think we have the weapons to post ~3100 yards alongside our presumably strong running game. As long as he stays healthy though, he'll finish comfortably ahead of Cupito in my opinion. I say he puts up 2500-2700 yards on fewer attempts next season.

EDIT: Weber actually had 10,917 career yards so Mitch would need 5,799 yards to catch him. My bad. That's what I get for taking the first numbers I find on Wikipedia.

Hopefully we won't need him to throw for 3100 yards next season because we'll have a 1000 yard rusher (hopefully close to 2). If he stays healthy he'll be 2nd.

Hopefully we won't need him to throw for 3100 yards next season because we'll have a 1000 yard rusher (hopefully close to 2). If he stays healthy he'll be 2nd.

Ya, with our running game it will be tough. I'd say the only way he has a chance is if we win the division and play 14 games. Even then it'll be tough.

Ya, with our running game it will be tough. I'd say the only way he has a chance is if we win the division and play 14 games. Even then it'll be tough.

Hmmmm if we play 14 games I'll go out on a limb and say he ends up first.

Weber had 10,917 career passing yards. Leidner would need 5800 or so to pass him. I don't think he gets there.

Weber had 10,917 career passing yards. Leidner would need 5800 or so to pass him. I don't think he gets there.

You're right. Wikipedia failed me. My bad. The other ones are correct for some reason.

So looks like Weber is totally out of reach, which is probably good because 8,000 career yards sounded low.

I found a site called Sports Reference.com. It's similar to Baseball Reference and others. Boy, that's an easy way to waste a few hours! It was fun to look at the multi-year QB starters of recent Gopher history. It reminded me of what terrific senior year Abdul-Khaliq had in 2003, and just how far up the career lists Adam Weber got. Weber is still third in all-time Big Ten passing yards, and #1 in all-time plays in the Big Ten.

Top Bottom