Shama: Players who might transfer are reserves Berkley Edwards and Jacques Perra

Yeah, he did. Croft played at NW (way behind), at Purdue (way ahead) and OSU (one play while Leidner was injured).

That's true, however Claeys plan was to give Demry a series in the bowl game. Can't remember the exact comments, but I got the feeling there wasn't a good spot, but it wasn't because we weren't blowing them out.

oic, your including the struggling offensive wins over sht teams as a plus for Mitcheroo..ok, melonhead.

You are worse than a broken ****ing clock...it only gongs twice a day at the wrong time...you gong non-stop and you are always wrong. Time to put you on the ignore list. Much like throwing a broken clock in the trash.

Why is it a bad thing if Weber was able to help Mitch play better? Until someone else on the roster beats him out for the starting job we need the best version of Mitch we can get. He is never going to be an elite QB but he proved he can at least be solid down the stretch.

Not dissing Mitch...glad he found his groove. Just leftover frustration from the Weber years. A lot of his passing stats were at the end of blow-out losses.

Not dissing Mitch...glad he found his groove. Just leftover frustration from the Weber years. A lot of his passing stats were at the end of blow-out losses.

Blowout losses don't land on the QB, they always land on the coaches. Weber was a casualty of constant change, in personnel and scheme. He had to learn, what..four new offenses? Weber sustained fairly well considering he had to constantly adjust. Power run w/ Mason, spread, NFL style and a hybrid offense.
With a new OC coming in, no one better than Weber to advise Mitch.

With all the love for Weber on this board now I must conclude that no one who posts now posted when he was our QB.

With all the love for Weber on this board now I must conclude that no one who posts now posted when he was our QB.

I never really understood the Weber hate considering what he had to deal with during his time here. I get the frustrations with Mitch to a certain degree because of some of the limitations he has clearly shown over his time here, just feel like people are putting far too much of that on him and not enough on the coaching staff for not finding/developing a better option.

I have that same frustration. My buddy texted me during the bowl game aghast at AWebb as qb coach. I did text him after pointing out we are undefeated all time with AWebb as qb coach...

I never really understood the Weber hate considering what he had to deal with during his time here. I get the frustrations with Mitch to a certain degree because of some of the limitations he has clearly shown over his time here, just feel like people are putting far too much of that on him and not enough on the coaching staff for not finding/developing a better option.

I agree on both counts. Weber got jacked around too much by all the changes in coordinators and schemes. The guy played really hard through it all. Mitch has his limitations, but there never seemed to be any tilting toward his strengths by the coaching staff until Claeys took over. I don't think we saw Lingen or any other TE more than three yards downfield the first half of the season.

Blowout losses don't land on the QB, they always land on the coaches. Weber was a casualty of constant change, in personnel and scheme. He had to learn, what..four new offenses? Weber sustained fairly well considering he had to constantly adjust. Power run w/ Mason, spread, NFL style and a hybrid offense.
With a new OC coming in, no one better than Weber to advise Mitch.

I think this is a subtle but maybe an important point. Having a guy that went through numerous offensive coordinators and systems could really be a benefit to Mitch picking up a new system. Hopefully Weber can help with the learning curve.

Lucky

I think this is a subtle but maybe an important point. Having a guy that went through numerous offensive coordinators and systems could really be a benefit to Mitch picking up a new system. Hopefully Weber can help with the learning curve.

We will be very lucky if Weber stays on as a graduate assistant for a second year. There is no spot for him on the permanent staff. He's not getting paid squiggle.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I posted when Weber was our QB and I am a huge fan of his. Just saying. The guy played the best he could given the constant state of flux he was put in with OC's and an abysmal offensive line for almost all four years of his career.

We will be very lucky if Weber stays on as a graduate assistant for a second year. There is no spot for him on the permanent staff. He's not getting paid squiggle.

Most GA's are 2 year gigs so I'd expect him to be around for another year. Unless he's finished up his Master's with credits earned during his 5th year but the coaching experience would be a reason to stay if he's serious about getting into coaching.

Does somebody have a list of guys leaving?
Perra - transferring
Gant - moving to track
Edwards - moving to track
Jeff Jones - Junior college
there's more right?
maybe if we add seniors graduating?
some guys retiring for health?
just curious how many people this all adds up to and I don't have time to research at the moment... but it seems relevant and interesting to me.... thanks

Perra - transferring
Gant - moving to track
there's more right?
just curious how many people this all adds up to and I don't have time to research at the moment... but it seems relevant and interesting to me.... thanks
Gant is expected to remain on football team

Gant is expected to remain on football team

Not doubting you but where did you see this? I have seen reports he is staying at the U to run track but nothing about him staying on the football team as well.

Not doubting you but where did you see this? I have seen reports he is staying at the U to run track but nothing about him staying on the football team as well.
Hmm, that's at least how I understood it

Maybe I'm wrong

Perra - transferring
Gant - moving to track
there's more right?

Jones should be noted to also have academic issues. He's leaving, but he also wasn't going to be eligible. That's an important point IMO.

Jones should be noted to also have academic issues. He's leaving, but he also wasn't going to be eligible. That's an important point IMO.

Putting down Junior College basically says exactly that. Guys with good grades rarely if ever go the JC route.

I posted when Weber was our QB and I am a huge fan of his. Just saying. The guy played the best he could given the constant state of flux he was put in with OC's and an abysmal offensive line for almost all four years of his career.

Must have been fairly good as he got a couple of shots on NFL practice squads. Not a lot of QBs get shot at NFL each year.

Putting down Junior College basically says exactly that. Guys with good grades rarely if ever go the JC route.

Ask Brien Boddy-Calhoun or Isaac Fruechte or most that have three years of eligibility out of JC. Many go to get noticed and not up their grades. I don't know what many is though.

Hmm, that's at least how I understood it

Maybe I'm wrong

Sure you're not confusing Gant with Gentry? I'm pretty sure I read he was staying for track but not football.

Ask Brien Boddy-Calhoun or Isaac Fruechte or most that have three years of eligibility out of JC. Many go to get noticed and not up their grades. I don't know what many is though.

I think he means you don't leave for juco usually if you're already in d1

I've heard of players going JUCO to avoid having to sit out a season especially when they are RS freshmen.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jan. 14, 2016

CARBONDALE, Ill. - The Southern Illinois football program added two mid-year transfers, head coach Nick Hill announced on Thursday. Josh Straughan (quarterback) transferred to SIU from Division II Stillman College, and Craig James (DB/punt returner) transferred from Minnesota.

Top Bottom