Shama: Players who might transfer are reserves Berkley Edwards and Jacques Perra

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Rumors are that players with remaining eligibility will leave the program after the bowl game. “It happens everywhere,” Claeys said. “Especially at certain positions where only one (player) can play, or two can play at a time. …”

Passionate Gophers fans may speculate that among players who might transfer are reserves Berkley Edwards (running back) and Jacques Perra (quarterback). Competition for playing time next season at running back and quarterback looks challenging.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Both are buried. No surprise

Neither of those guys mentioned would surprise me much though if I were Berk I might seriously consider giving up football all together and just focusing in on track. Only bad thing about Perra leaving is that it would once again shrink our QB depth even if he is unlikely ever to see the field. Still need guys to run the scout team and take reps off your key QB's in various drills like WR vs. DB.

Those aren't the names I've been hearing.

Perra is too much of a talent to go through a college career without seeing the field. He needs to play somewhere.

It is a shame Berkeley never became a regular contributor. I remember hearing him being offended that Mich overlooked him, despite his brother going there. I guess Mich was right to pass on him. He just doesn't have the size to be a D1 player.

I hate that we cannot keep qb's- just the last few years we have lost Nelson, Shortell, Mckinzie. We will forever have a 2nd or 3rd string guy that we are hoping to redshirt that is on the verge of being thrown in the game

I hate that we cannot keep qb's- just the last few years we have lost Nelson, Shortell, Mckinzie. We will forever have a 2nd or 3rd string guy that we are hoping to redshirt that is on verge of being thrown in the game

I get the impression that this is a pretty common phenomenon with QBs. You have to figure though that next year Perra would have been behind Leidner, Croft, and probably Green too.

I hate that we cannot keep qb's- just the last few years we have lost Nelson, Shortell, Mckinzie. We will forever have a 2nd or 3rd string guy that we are hoping to redshirt that is on the verge of being thrown in the game

Perra is a walk-on. Losing a walk-on is not a big issue, and he should have never been a 2nd or 3rd stringer in the 1st place.

:rolleyes:

"Those aren't the names I've been hearing."

Hey Sections2- this is a complete bush-league comment unless you give up some names. Hate it when people play up "being it the know" without giving up any credible information. Either spill it- or shut up.

I would be more surprised by Perra than Edwards.

Perra wasn't that far away from playing, he'll only be a SO, and I think he's still the best passer on the roster.

This is a complete bush-league comment unless you give up some names. Hate it when people play up "being it the know" without giving up any credible information. Either spill it- or shut up.

You're referring to this?

"Yep and if they do hope they get some playing time wherever they go to." :confused:

I think you meant to reference post Number 7.

You're referring to this?

"Yep and if they do hope they get some playing time wherever they go to." :confused:

I think you meant to reference post Number 7.

Sorry Ice- I meant to quote Sections 2's stupid comment about "hearing" some names of players transferring. I'm old and missed hit the wrong quote button!

Sorry Ice- I meant to quote Sections 2's stupid comment about "hearing" some names of players transferring. I'm old and missed hit the wrong quote button!

No problem. Yeah, it did catch me a little off guard. :cool:

Hey Sections2- this is a complete bush-league comment unless you give up some names. Hate it when people play up "being it the know" without giving up any credible information. Either spill it- or shut up.

No it isn't. I don't know whether Section2 actually knows anything, but regardless, nobody is obligated to satisfy your demand for 'credible' information. Soon we'll all know who's leaving and who's staying, and then (if it's important to you) you can come back and check whether Section2 was right.

Isn't Perra the player dating Carly Wagoner and she was "twittering" about him getting a chance when the offense/Mitch were struggling?

Being a walk on QB is tough, at some point he needs to choose between playing in practice or playing somewhere else. Good luck if true

I would be more surprised by Perra than Edwards.

Perra wasn't that far away from playing, he'll only be a SO, and I think he's still the best passer on the roster.

Perra is leaving according to my, sometimes talkative, source.

No it isn't. I don't know whether Section2 actually knows anything, but regardless, nobody is obligated to satisfy your demand for 'credible' information. Soon we'll all know who's leaving and who's staying, and then (if it's important to you) you can come back and check whether Section2 was right.

Didn't demand a dang thing- just said it was bush league to post that and I stand by it. Comes off as smug when you make a statement like that. And exactly how can I see if Sections is right? If you don't say anything, then you can't be right. Can't be wrong either- and that's why I have a problem with it.

Maybe Perra ought to consider DIII like Saint John's, Augsburg, Gustavus, or Concordia.

I hate to see anyone leave, I really couldn't blame either of those 2 if they wanted to go somewhere and play though.

what has happened with Streveler-- I can see him leaving as he was moved from QB to get him on the field and he has disappeared as WR. I also am worried about all of the other WR that seem to have disappeared from the field who were expected to contribute

I can't divulge, sorry. I'm not saying the rumor of these two is false, just that I've heard a few other names. I won't add any hints so as to not be bush league.

Top Bottom