All Things Nathan Reuvers Recruitment Thread - UPDATED: wisconsin commit

His father is a Notre Dame alum.

Yes, you just nailed it, his father went to Notre Dame and think he played basketball at Faribault B.A.. I think that this kid is very much waiting and hoping for a Notre Dame offer. His mother may also be from Faribault and I recall was very good swimmer in the MIAC. Maybe the kid really wants to play at Gustavus, but think the family is big into visiting Notre Dame, especially on football weekends., so I think St. Peter is out

As I may have mentioned once before, my Grandmother's cousin was in charge of a Theology program at ND back I the '50s, and if I recall that place was quite the lure for many Catholics of that era.
I think the family used to finagle football tickets from Fr. XXXX back then. Unfortunately the good Father died prematurely at age 37 so I never was able to travel to SB with the family via that connection. Notre Dame seems to create very strong connections and loyalty, though. I considered applying to Marquette and Northwestern, but Notre Dame never appealed to me.

Beyond that boring story from 60 years ago, I have impression the impression that if the Reuvers kid gets a ND offer he is going there, ASAP. Since he is tall, has a big upside and can shoot well from outside I can see why Wisconsin would be on him as well.

Theo John is the type of player I'd like to see here, though.

upside

Reuvers reminded me a lot of Rick Rickert as a junior. Now rickert could really handle the ball well for his height, Reuvers doesn't have that. But body type hands, shooting, etc. I think he becomes a good division 1 player by his 3rd year. He needs a lot of strength.

This guy doesn't sound like he will be a Gopher.

edit: Assuming he even gets a scholarship offer from the U.

Between John, Mar and Reuvers there are some nice frontcourt players in this class.

Man Bethlehem Academy probably wishes he was still there. They'd have a very nice team with him. Good guards for a Class-A team, but just not much size.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reuvers was great tonight. I thought his athleticism showed more tonight than it did yesterday and he shot it better today as well. Just watching the game it felt like the Gophers were gonna offer after the game. The block that he had late in the game was the play of the game.

Yes, you just nailed it, his father went to Notre Dame and think he played basketball at Faribault B.A.. I think that this kid is very much waiting and hoping for a Notre Dame offer. His mother may also be from Faribault and I recall was very good swimmer in the MIAC. Maybe the kid really wants to play at Gustavus, but think the family is big into visiting Notre Dame, especially on football weekends., so I think St. Peter is out

As I may have mentioned once before, my Grandmother's cousin was in charge of a Theology program at ND back I the '50s, and if I recall that place was quite the lure for many Catholics of that era.
I think the family used to finagle football tickets from Fr. XXXX back then. Unfortunately the good Father died prematurely at age 37 so I never was able to travel to SB with the family via that connection. Notre Dame seems to create very strong connections and loyalty, though. I considered applying to Marquette and Northwestern, but Notre Dame never appealed to me.

Beyond that boring story from 60 years ago, I have impression the impression that if the Reuvers kid gets a ND offer he is going there, ASAP. Since he is tall, has a big upside and can shoot well from outside I can see why Wisconsin would be on him as well.

Theo John is the type of player I'd like to see here, though.

And if I'm not mistaken the Reuvers family hangs a HUGE Notre Dame sign on the front of their house on game day Saturdays (if I'm thinking of the correct house). When I say a 'huge' sign, I mean it covers up half of the house and their house isn't small. I've never seen anything like it. Hopefully one day they'll hang a Gopher sign on the opposite end of the house.

And if I'm not mistaken the Reuvers family hangs a HUGE Notre Dame sign on the front of their house on game day Saturdays (if I'm thinking of the correct house). When I say a 'huge' sign, I mean it covers up half of the house and their house isn't small. I've never seen anything like it. Hopefully one day they'll hang a Gopher sign on the opposite end of the house.

This is true. They are also Creighton fans. Reuvers would fit in well there and this is where he was leaning before the weekend, since he wants to go somewhere he can play right away.

Not crazy about his skillset in our system. He's a good shooter and fundamentally excellent with a high bball IQ but the big ten body and athleticism is not there. He would fit in well with Gard's offense. I'm okay with the offer but would rather have Theo John.

per Jace - Reuvers' on U offer:

“I kind of felt like it was going to come soon, but not last night,” Reuvers said. “Really cool to get an offer from the hometown school.”

The offer was Reuvers’ 16th overall. He received an offer from Wisconsin last week after Lakeville North’s section final victory over Rochester John Marshall. He also has offers from Big East schools such as Creighton and DePaul.

Where does the Gophers offer ranks among the rest?

“Definitely up there,” Reuvers said.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/1...ally-cool-to-get-offer-from-hometown-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

There are enough good juniors in state I just hope we can take two. Be ok with John, Reuvers, Mckinley Wright ,Trent among others.

Assuming Trent is off the board, how do people rank the next 4 2017 kids in order of priority for the Gophers?

Wright, John, Mar and Reuvers. All 4 are probably top 175 recruits. I've seen Wright, John and Mar as top-100 guys on different sites at different times. Reuvers seems like the typical "late bloomer" and he's been awfully impressive too.

If MN has two scholarships available, who do we want the most?

With what I have seen from them and what the Gopher roster currently looks like I'd go 1. John 2. Reuvers 3. Wright 4. Mar

How would you rank them independent of the current roster?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not crazy about his skillset in our system. He's a good shooter and fundamentally excellent with a high bball IQ but the big ten body and athleticism is not there. He would fit in well with Gard's offense. I'm okay with the offer but would rather have Theo John.

Let's not hold out for the good shooter with excellent fundamentals and high bball IQ with a big ten body and athleticism. They usually don't come here.

Im sure that I'm reading into this a little too much but I saw on Twitter tonight a picture of the Lakeville North pregame meal for tomorrow. I found it interesting the day after he received an offer that he was wearing a Minnesota Gopher basketball t-shirt. I want to say it was a retweet from John Millea but I couldn't find it again.

I think he wants to be a gopher!! This would be a great addition to the gopher program.

I find it interesting that zero posts appeared on Mr. Reuvers thread here after his state championship game performance vs. Hopkins. I know Reuvers is a nice prospect, but after watching that game last night I am far less worried about him taking one of the other D1 offers and leaving town. Hopkins defensive schemes totally stifled the LN big man. If Reuvers had not hit a few of those perimeter shots he would have been a 'non-factor' in the game.

I know he's 6'10" - but I see him as a SF type. He's young, so he has time to add some strength and bulk - but at his current size, he'd get banged around something fierce in the B1G. But - having a guy that size who can step out and hit perimeter jump shots can be a valuable weapon to spread the defense and open up the middle.

He's got athletic ability - but I don't see him as the kind of guy who can create his own shot. he has to work within the offense for opportunities. The other question is how he fits in on defense. Can he guard a smaller, quicker guy - or a guy his size with more strength.

It will be very interesting to see how he develops physically, and what he looks like a year from now.

Both teams had impressive defense (Hopkins more so), and there were a lot of strips and steals. I was still pretty impressed with how he moved with the ball and his ability to drive - that seemed to be where he also created match up issues (breezed by the Hopkins center). He really does need to bulk up - I can only imagine how thin he looks in person.

Reuvers has attributes as a junior in HS that are hard to overlook. Yes, he is thin and needs to fill out. But he has a great shot whether it's mid range or deep, great face up game going left or right, and great shot blocking ability. Also let's not overlook his athleticism at 6'10. A lot to build on.

Reuvers has attributes as a junior in HS that are hard to overlook. Yes, he is thin and needs to fill out. But he has a great shot whether it's mid range or deep, great face up game going left or right, and great shot blocking ability. Also let's not overlook his athleticism at 6'10. A lot to build on.

Exactly!.. especially considering that the Gophers currently fall into the "beggars can't be choosers" category. If you believe he's a good fit for Wisconsin, why not get him here?! We've seen this far too often. Last time I checked, UW has had a fair amount of success with players with his attributes. Meanwhile, our centers have done...

I enjoyed watching the Rund kid from Fergus. He's a player! I don't know where he projects for college level, but he's the unquestioned best player on a state runner-up team as a sophomore. He'll be fun to watch for the next couple of years.

Another sophomore PG that was fun to watch was #5 from Braham--a Larson I think. I know it was AA and very few people on this board give that level any credit, but that kid can fly!

I thought Reuvers was solid last night again. Showed off his outside shot more and had a couple of blocks. I thought the other guys needed to get him the ball last night more they missed him at least 5 times where he had his defender deep in the lane and sealed. Biggest thing he needs is to put on some muscle and that will help him become a better defender and rebounder. You can see the potential with him though great length and runs the floor well. Very good shooter that can handle decent enough at least enough to drive 4's and 5's and showed a nice pull up off the dribble a couple times last night too. He is definitely a kid I'd like to be a Gopher because I think he will just keep improving.

He can flat out shoot. At 6-10 he can get his own shot simply because of his size. He runs the court extremely well. Maybe a little more Rick Rickert than Jon Leaur. Upside is higher than Rickert imo . I would like him at the four and Theo John at the five. Throw Mckinley Wright in the class and I would be satisified.

He's a competitor, Hopkins really shut him down in the first half but he came out and hit some really key baskets in the second half to keep LN in the game. He would be a good get for the Gophers.

Top Bottom