All Things Nathan Reuvers Recruitment Thread - UPDATED: wisconsin commit

Pretty much described Kaminsky didn't you?

Actually better comparision to 40 - 50 other kids who sign d-1 with good size and decent skill level. Not 5 star program changer (Henry Ellensen) not a 4 star high rated player, but a very good division one signing. Point is his signing elsewhere is nothing to get overly concerned about. Pitino didn't court him like he wanted. We don't know why. 247 has him at #171 in the class, #37 at his position and the 6th best HS recrut in state of Minnesota. Disappointed he picked WI. But this isn't anything to lose sleep over. I bet in two year he will be a pretty good forward. Not a program changer.

I don't pretend to know the recruiting game. However, at a three star level, perhaps the way that a kid is recruited is to find out exactly how much he might want to come to the school.

If the kid is lukewarm there are other three stars that may be much more enthusiastic. Let's just say that a three-star - no matter where he's from - expecting the coach to kiss his ass, show up at his house every weekend and text I love you every night seems needy, not hungry.

Actually better comparision to 40 - 50 other kids who sign d-1 with good size and decent skill level. Not 5 star program changer (Henry Ellensen) not a 4 star high rated player, but a very good division one signing. Point is his signing elsewhere is nothing to get overly concerned about. Pitino didn't court him like he wanted. We don't know why. 247 has him at #171 in the class, #37 at his position and the 6th best HS recrut in state of Minnesota. Disappointed he picked WI. But this isn't anything to lose sleep over. I bet in two year he will be a pretty good forward. Not a program changer.

For whatever it's worth, 247 themselves (not the composite) moved him to the 2nd ranked guy in the state. They just moved Davison to 3rd.

no shame in choosing another school. But the kid could have tried a bit harder at not saying anything if he had nothin nice to say about the U. Oh well, he'll work up here in the cities when he is done with college and drive around with his w bumper sticker next to his Twins sticker. Special ED 'yayyyyyy'

For whatever it's worth, 247 themselves (not the composite) moved him to the 2nd ranked guy in the state. They just moved Davison to 3rd.

Commit to wisco, he gets bumped way up, commit to gophers they would have knocked him down a spot or two.

Why are we still talking about this guy? Shouldn't we be putting him on "The List" of Minnesotans who have lost their way and stumbled into Wisconsin?

Screw him! Start the hate now. Start chanting "Overrated" every time he misses a shot. He is a cheese head now and may as well be a Green Bay Packer in my eyes!

x2 The kid did not have to go negative on the U. What he said is true but why go there? Johns has been our number one recruit in this class for a long time. We lose him and I will be very upset.

Why blame the messenger? I'm just as upset as anyone else that a local kid has decided to attend the pit to our east but I don't blame the kid for telling it the way it is. We'd all be better served if we placed our disappointment and anger towards the real problem and that's not some local kid going to Wisky. The sooner the basketball program, and really the entire athletic department, figures its sh*t out then we won't lose as many local kids.

They don't have Sims ranked yet. By the end of the summer the Mn rankings should be Trent, Sims, and then everybody else. I'd put John, Wright, Davison, Reuvers, and Mar about equal, all in the 100-ish range.

If we get 3 on the above list, which I bet we will, it'll be (another) very good haul.

They don't have Sims ranked yet. By the end of the summer the Mn rankings should be Trent, Sims, and then everybody else. I'd put John, Wright, Davison, Reuvers, and Mar about equal, all in the 100-ish range.

If we get 3 on the above list, which I bet we will, it'll be (another) very good haul.

I agree that Sims will move up given his offer list. My issue is both with he and John, their offensive games supposedly need work. I'm going to get yelled off the thread, but how many more times will we get excited about the athlete that only develops the rest of his game 1/3 (at best) of the time while a guy that apparently will have a polished offensive game but needs to add some bulk is not something we care about?

Issue #2 is we keep taking about these guys matching Pitino's style. Are we going to press/run again this year? I assume that depth was a concern last year, causing us to slow it down, but I'd hope that's what is up his sleeve. If not, you've got a team that should improve from poor to "ok" at shooting 3s and isn't running/pressing/playing lockdown D...that's a recipe for a lot of losses.

Lets say we land all of John, Sims and wright, that's a very good lass, guessing Gaston would be the casualty to make room, or Lynch if his legal issues go south. The good news would be all three of these guys at bet would only need to be rotation guys off the bench as freshmen. John as a four or five would be up against Murphy, Curry, Lynch and Konate for minutes. Sims would have to compete with Fitz, hurt, Gilbert, and possibly Coffey for minutes on the wing. As well as Murphy, Curry and possibly john at the four spot. In the backcourt Mason is a senior and McBrayer and Coffey can play both guard spots as well. They wouldn't be thrown to the wolves like past recruits, there would be enough depth for them to have to earn their minutes

Lets say we land all of John, Sims and wright, that's a very good lass, guessing Gaston would be the casualty to make room, or Lynch if his legal issues go south. The good news would be all three of these guys at bet would only need to be rotation guys off the bench as freshmen. John as a four or five would be up against Murphy, Curry, Lynch and Konate for minutes. Sims would have to compete with Fitz, hurt, Gilbert, and possibly Coffey for minutes on the wing. As well as Murphy, Curry and possibly john at the four spot. In the backcourt Mason is a senior and McBrayer and Coffey can play both guard spots as well. They wouldn't be thrown to the wolves like past recruits, there would be enough depth for them to have to earn their minutes

Regardless of recruits, this is why I don't want to fire Pitino yet. If this year goes well. He will have a really solid upperclassmen roster. Meaning we could finally be at a point where we don't need freshman to be 5 star recruits from day one. I wish he'd have set the roster up like this from day 1, but if he can do even a tad of coaching e does have a very nice foundation here.

Regardless of recruits, this is why I don't want to fire Pitino yet. If this year goes well. He will have a really solid upperclassmen roster. Meaning we could finally be at a point where we don't need freshman to be 5 star recruits from day one. I wish he'd have set the roster up like this from day 1, but if he can do even a tad of coaching e does have a very nice foundation here.

IALTO

Just playing this hypothetical, Sims isn't rated yet, but let's say that 247 rates him on par with Reuvers. A class of John, Wright, and Sims gets you to 47 points in 247's rating system. 47 points would have been about the #40 recruiting class this year.

I'd love for Pitino to make it several years to see it through, because that means there has been a bit of success, but i don't think Pitino has the coaching pedigree yet to say he'll take Coffey and Murphy plus a bunch of middling recruiting classes to the promised land.

Just playing this hypothetical, Sims isn't rated yet, but let's say that 247 rates him on par with Reuvers. A class of John, Wright, and Sims gets you to 47 points in 247's rating system. 47 points would have been about the #40 recruiting class this year.

I'd love for Pitino to make it several years to see it through, because that means there has been a bit of success, but i don't think Pitino has the coaching pedigree yet to say he'll take Coffey and Murphy plus a bunch of middling recruiting classes to the promised land.
Murphy wasn't rated as high as John or Wright. I think Dorsey, McBreyer and maybe even Jarvis were rated higher. If your team is filled with guys between 50-150 in the ratings after a couple of seasons when that first group becomes upperclassmen because guys rated in that category tend to be really good four year players. You sprinkle guys in like Coffey, or down the road Tre Jones and Matthew Hurt, than that's when you start to really have something

Presto! Instant roster!

Sorry for threadjacking this.

I'd take 40th in recruiting most years with the occasional top 25. That'd get us to the tourney more years than not. Plus it's mostly about how those pieces fit together (when you arn't getting top 10 classes). After all, there are 350ish D1 teams and 40th puts us mid pack in BIG.

Murphy wasn't rated as high as John or Wright. I think Dorsey, McBreyer and maybe even Jarvis were rated higher. If your team is filled with guys between 50-150 in the ratings after a couple of seasons when that first group becomes upperclassmen because guys rated in that category tend to be really good four year players. You sprinkle guys in like Coffey, or down the road Tre Jones and Matthew Hurt, than that's when you start to really have something

Agreed - Murphy was rated 113 by Rivals, and he was arguably the 2nd or 3rd best freshman in B10. There must have been 5-7 higher rated freshman in the class, including Dorsey at #84. Class and individual rankings can be good indicators, but as we all know there are a lot of "intangibles" and if you can get a good enough mix of them on a roster that's when you have the breakthrough. Hopefully those are beginning to come together on this team.

Agreed - Murphy was rated 113 by Rivals, and he was arguably the 2nd or 3rd best freshman in B10. There must have been 5-7 higher rated freshman in the class, including Dorsey at #84. Class and individual rankings can be good indicators, but as we all know there are a lot of "intangibles" and if you can get a good enough mix of them on a roster that's when you have the breakthrough. Hopefully those are beginning to come together on this team.
2ND or 3rd is a stretch. Just look at the first team freshman team and tell me you wouldn't take the other four ahead of Murphy.

2ND or 3rd is a stretch. Just look at the first team freshman team and tell me you wouldn't take the other four ahead of Murphy.

I'd take Happ, Bryant and Stone over Murph. I think Swanigan is a bit overrated myself.

I'd take swannigan on our gopher team last year, he'd have put up much better numbers than Murphy, taking nothing away from Murphy.

Top Bottom