All Things Nathan Reuvers Recruitment Thread - UPDATED: wisconsin commit

First Michael Hurt, now Reuvers. Why does every white kid we recruit at have to be compared to Joey King? He is not like Joey King.

Sorry It wasn't supposed to be insulting. I really like Joey king. Just that we've had a really good spread 4 for a few years and many people haven't appreciated it. I haven't honestly seen this kid play. Not even highlights so I was asking a question as to if it was like joey king or if it was different.

I know that both us and the Badgers have offered and I hope he blows up and becomes something big but it's strange to hear people complain about the gophers not getting top recruits and then have us chase after local talent, which is good, but definitely not top ranked (not ranked by 247 yet, not ranked by rivals yet). in all fairness maybe they are different people complaining about different things but i get them all mixed up.

Is Utoff going to play in the NBA at all?

Strikes me as a guy who's at very best, a 12th man in the league

Is Utoff going to play in the NBA at all?

Strikes me as a guy who's at very best, a 12th man in the league

Utoff has very good length, can shoot from outside very well, and drives to the basket in a way that most cannot. He has decent quickness, at least on offense and can finish with strength.

I question his competitive fire and/or mental toughness and his ability to play defense in the NBA. He could be very good in the NBA or end up in Europe, I have no idea of what to expect. I do know that Iowa's problems tie into not getting a consistent effort of him, and that does not bode well for an NBA career. Much of the blame for that could fall on the Iowa coaching staff and the guard play around him. though. He is a scorer and a shooter and like Mohammed for the Wolves, those types of players with good skills on offense are not always easy to find. Players with those skills have some value even if they are limited in other ways.

I know I'd take him over Robbie Hummel and some other former Wolves.

Reuvers will not play the 3, it is very rare a 6-10 guy without crazy athleticism would play the 3 in college, on defense, anyway. I agree stretch 4 is a good way to describe his game. Remember Rickert, there is a comparison. Rickert never guarded any 3's unless there was a switch.

Uhtoff is at least as good as Ryan Bowen. A similar player from Iowa who went overseas for a year and returned and stayed on an NBA bench for 10 years. 6-9 215 lb Pf.
In his senior year at Iowa, Bowen averaged 14.4 points, 8.7 rebounds, and 2.5 assists per game.

Uhtoff the better shooter with crazy reach to block shots, Bowen the better athlete and rebounder. 6-9 210lbs. 19ppg, 6.3 reb, 1. ass, 2.6 bpg. 38% shooter from 3 making 2 per game. Listed as the 6th best SF on Chad Brown's big board. Late season fade is a question mark.

I've him play a few times, very solid fundamental player, excellent shooter. He'll play at the Big Ten level for sure.

gut says WI will get him, they know how to develop players, what big man would choose MN over WI---just look at Kaminsky, Leuer, Bergren, no names who made huge impact--plus they will be loaded and he will be going up against top talent like Happ...should be a no brainer, unless Duke or a blue blood come calling

gut says WI will get him, they know how to develop players, what big man would choose MN over WI---just look at Kaminsky, Leuer, Bergren, no names who made huge impact--plus they will be loaded and he will be going up against top talent like Happ...should be a no brainer, unless Duke or a blue blood come calling

Not sure if you meant to say these two guys were no name guys. They were both 4-star players with many offers out of high school.

Who was the last Minnesota kid with a Minnesota offer who chose Wisconsin instead? Illikainen kind of, but our scholarships were full when he committed to Wisconsin. Same deal for Jon Leuer. We never offered Berggren, Taylor, Brusewitz, or Dearing. I'm pretty sure most of the Minnesotans who have committed to Wisconsin over the past decade or so did not have committable offers to Minnesota at the time of their commitment.

Who was the last Minnesota kid with a Minnesota offer who chose Wisconsin instead? Illikainen kind of, but our scholarships were full when he committed to Wisconsin. Same deal for Jon Leuer. We never offered Berggren, Taylor, Brusewitz, or Dearing. I'm pretty sure most of the Minnesotans who have committed to Wisconsin over the past decade or so did not have committable offers to Minnesota at the time of their commitment.

Molinari recruited Berggren real hard when he was the interim coach, Monson kind of screwed the pooch with both Leuer and Berggren.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• Nathan Reuvers, the 6-foot-10 junior from Lake*ville North, continues to pile up Division I basketball offers. He is up to 25 after recent offers from North Carolina State and Illinois. He has an offer from the Gophers as well, but Wisconsin, which has long shown interest in him, appears to be the favorite. Still the word is that Reuvers has strong family ties to Notre Dame and would jump at the chance to play for the Irish.

http://www.startribune.com/wild-s-p...ery-have-no-say-in-coach-selection/378529275/

Go Gophers!!

Sigh...

Go Gophers!!

Can't say I blame him given current state of our program. Not a surprise.

per Pioneer Press:

Reuvers said Gard’s persistence after the offer made the difference.

“It definitely showed a lot,” Reuvers said. “He came out to watch me play when he wasn’t even sure if he had the job yet.”

Since then, Gard has called Reuvers about once a week in addition to coming to Lakeville a few weeks ago for an at-home visit, two things Gophers coach Richard Pitino did not do.

“I don’t think (the Gophers) recruited me hard enough,” Reuvers said.

Reuvers averaged 20 points, eight rebounds and four blocks a game as a junior and led the Panthers to a second-place finish in the state tournament, averaging 17.3 points and 8.3 rebounds.

He said Minnesota showed interest, but not nearly as much as the Badgers. Reuvers added that Gard flying to Minnesota on two occasions showed how interested he was. Pitino would have had a 30-minute drive to Reuvers’ house.

Add the recent turmoil that the Gophers have experienced and Reuvers felt Minnesota was not the right fit.

“I definitely see all that stuff that is going on there,” he said. “I just don’t feel like I would be good in that culture.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/05/1...n-reuvers-wisconsin-badgers-over-umn-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

This Pitino mess might be happening at the worst time. Stacked class and we may be lucky to get the fringe major conference-type guys.

This Pitino mess might be happening at the worst time. Stacked class and we may be lucky to get the fringe major conference-type guys.

Yep. One more year before we can blow it up and start over.

LOL - I'm going to go first - He's not that good anyway! We didn't need him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom