Picture of crowd at beginning of Gophers/Buckeyes game

BleedGopher

Reaction score
CVbLBxZUEAAEvl4.jpg

Go Gophers!!

Just saw that on another site.

WOW.

Was talking to a puck-head in my office yesterday about the lack of hype this year with the B10 and all he could do was shake his head.

I weep at the thought of the WCHA being dead.

Is there still a waiting list for season tickets?

Is the lack of a crowd because of the B1G or just a case of the team not meeting expectations?

Looked like it filled p by the end of the first...everyone must have been at Sally's.

I went to the Minnesota State game and was surprised at how empty it was.

I think this has to do with the fact that the team is below MN standards, and prices are fairly high.

The team is crappy and people know it. Pretty straightforward.

Least talented roster in years, Lucia losing the support of the loyalists and forming the Big 10 conference destroyed beloved rivalries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Least talented roster in years, Lucia losing the support of the loyalists and forming the Big 10 conference destroyed beloved rivalries.

Yup. Crappy team in a crappy conference.

Thought I would pick up 4 tickets for the Friday game on Stub Hub. Four tickets next to each other were ridiculous. Watched the game on TV instead and the crowd looked pitiful. Even in bad years- which there have not been many of- the place was full. Looks like they priced themselves out of a competitive ticket.

Thought I would pick up 4 tickets for the Friday game on Stub Hub. Four tickets next to each other were ridiculous. Watched the game on TV instead and the crowd looked pitiful. Even in bad years- which there have not been many of- the place was full. Looks like they priced themselves out of a competitive ticket.

I was at the Saturday night game. The crowd filled over the course of the first period some. What stuck out to me was that it seemed like the standing room areas were full. I think we are selling the tickets, there are just so many corporate tickets out there that aren't being used. If the U cares about the crowd and atmosphere, it needs to do something (maybe cancel season tickets if they aren't used a certain % of times and send those ticket holders to the end of the line).

If, on the other hand, the U doesn't care about the atmosphere at all and only cares about collecting the revenue from the seats regardless of whether or not the joint is full, it should keep doing what it is doing. I prefer the first option.

Gophers stink and the coach has lost it since his cancer scare. Sometimes a life-threatening event changes people, it clearly has taken the fire out of Lucia. Neither good nor bad, that's just the way it goes sometimes and the new AD will have to address the issue.

Top Bottom