Ugh, Sean Foster de-commits from Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I feel sick. I'm just going to check out for a couple months, tune back in on signing day and see what the class looks like. Otherwise it eats at me too much, way more than it should.

My feeling exactly.

No dancing around the issue; this is a huge loss.

supposedly mutual

Umm, why are we mutually getting rid of top 300 player?

This is the first of the recent decommits that really moves the needle for me. The only thing that makes sense was mentioned on the other thread - maybe a move to smaller linemen for zone-blocking? Foster is huge and perfect for our 2015 scheme, but maybe not for 2016 and beyond if that's the case.

This is the first of the recent decommits that really moves the needle for me. The only thing that makes sense was mentioned on the other thread - maybe a move to smaller linemen for zone-blocking? Foster is huge and perfect for our 2015 scheme, but maybe not for 2016 and beyond if that's the case.

Agree, very interesting since we don't have an OL/OC/QB coach. Claeys showing some cards in what he wants if it's mutual.

Well this is a disappointing development.

Some of you have followed recruiting a whole lot longer than me. Is it even plausible that we would mutualy rid ourselves of a top 300 recruit? I'm not buying it. I think Gophers are trying to save face.

So I guess the argument that we had to make a move and hire Claeys in order to avoid losing recruits has clearly been de-bunked? With coaching changes comes de-commitments it's just the reality. There will probably be more but hopefully we can snatch other recruits out there who are now looking for a new school due to coaching changes as well.

Carter Coughlin isn't worried

Some of you have followed recruiting a whole lot longer than me. Is it even plausible that we would mutualy rid ourselves of a top 300 recruit? I'm not buying it. I think Gophers are trying to save face.

Yes, if they don't fit the scheme

I think it's telling that Foster said after talking to coaches last night

I feel sick. I'm just going to check out for a couple months, tune back in on signing day and see what the class looks like. Otherwise it eats at me too much, way more than it should.
This should always be the attitude regarding recruiting. Following high school kids closely is a creepy and weird endeavor.

Very well could be, but the kid was on twitter stating he was still all about the Gophers and then over night it changes and he says, "after speaking with the coaching staff." Have to remember that Claeys is a defensive guy and all indications are that changes are being made on offense. He seems to be resetting priorities in recruiting. Also lets wait and see where Foster ends up.

His current offer list shows three P5 teams that finished over .500 this year. Duke, NCSt, and Cal at 7-5. 13 P5 offers and 5 finished 6-6 or above. We'll see if that changes.

No shock at all that an OL guy will consider his options after his position coach and coordinator are let go and nobody is sure who will replace him.

Following high school kids closely is a creepy and weird endeavor.

So all college athletics coaches are creepy and weird? And all college admissions representatives, for that matter? What about pro sports scouts, particularly for sports like basketball and tennis? Are they also creepy and weird?

Yeah that makes sense and you guys might be right. I see the news of a top 300 recruit decomitting and my first kneejerk reaction is grab my torch and pitchfork. I'll checkout for a few months like the others. This one stings a little bit though.

Maybe the new OC is about to be announced and is bringing a treasure trove of highly ranked recruits with him.

BarnBoy wakes up from dream.

So all college athletics coaches are creepy and weird? And all college admissions representatives, for that matter? What about pro sports scouts, particularly for sports like basketball and tennis? Are they also creepy and weird?

I assume he's referring to fans.

I assume he's referring to fans.
or you can follow the people who work for the recruiting services and get the same information as they retweet. I've never followed a recruit. You don't need to.

or you can follow the people who work for the recruiting services and get the same information as they retweet. I've never followed a recruit. You don't need to.

Exactly. Plus, the holier-than-thou "creepy and weird" distinction is a pretty arbitrary line to draw given that we're all fans of teams comprised primarily of underage individuals.

He seemed to be coming here mainly because of Kill, so not super surprising. If the in state kids start bailing, then we have a problem.

Top Bottom