8 North Carolina
7 Ohio State
6 Stanford
5 Michigan State
4 Iowa
3 Alabama
2 Oklahoma
1 Clemson

Think they'll put Stanford ahead of OSU to force Stanford to lose (to USC) to fall behind OSU in final rankings.

Pretty cynical of you to think they rank teams based on politics rather than via the method they say they use

Surprised North Carolina is still that low. Are they going to go from 10th to 4th (or even higher) if they beat Clemson?

Have no problem with Carolina being that low. Played 2 FCS opponents, lost to 3-9 South Carolina, and haven't even played (let alone beat) a top-25 team. I'd actually have them lower. I see no scenario they make the playoff.

Have no problem with Carolina being that low. Played 2 FCS opponents, lost to 3-9 South Carolina, and haven't even played (let alone beat) a top-25 team. I'd actually have them lower. I see no scenario they make the playoff.

Agreed. S&P+ rating has UNC #30, one spot behind Iowa and 11 spots ahead of the Gophers. Strength of schedule 117th (Iowa 104th, Gophers 2nd).

SS, where so you see Clemson if they lose to North Carolina? And I have to think that Alabama drops out of the top 4 even with a close loss to Florida, right? I still don't understand how they are #2.

SS, where so you see Clemson if they lose to North Carolina? And I have to think that Alabama drops out of the top 4 even with a close loss to Florida, right? I still don't understand how they are #2.

Truthfully, I'm not even considering that Alabama could lose, but yes, if Bama loses the SEC certainly is shut out of the playoff.

As long as Clemson doesn't killed by UNC (Heels not getting in even with a win), I still think Clemson would have a shot, especially if Stanford loses to USC. If that happens, then it'd come down to a 1-loss divisional champion Clemson with 2 top-10 home wins vs. a 1-loss division co-champion OSU with 1 top-15 road win. I would take Clemson over OSU in that scenario, but the committee might see it differently.

Now if Stanford wins, I'd be inclined to take the 2-loss conference champion Cardinal, who played a tougher schedule IMO, over both 1-loss non-champions Clemson and OSU.

Top Bottom