If the Gophers are selected for a bowl game, which would you prefer?

Bowl Game if selected.

• Pinstripe Bowl vs ACC (NYC)

Votes: 47 65.3%
  • Quick Lane Bowl vs ACC (Detroit)

Votes: 25 34.7%

• Total voters

Is the Armed Forces Bowl in play. Might be warmer in Fort Worth.

I'd probably attend the game if it were in Fort Worth

Quick Lane is on Monday night, Pinstripe is Saturday afternoon. Pinstripe will likely have a better audience.

I still think this is a good team that will have a better than even chance of wining a mid tier bowl game. I'm not willing to say that because Wolitarski's knee was down at the one foot line that they are totally undeserving of another chance to play.

Don't get the deserving/undeserving bit. It's just one frick'n football game that gets lost among a couple dozen or so other games. Outside of the big playoff bowls does anyone think that the rest of the nation breathlessly follows these games. I want to see the Gophers play again if possible. I would guess most of the team wants to keep playing football. The extra practice time is valuable. If someone is "embarrassed" that's fine. Don't watch or pay attention. Listen to Barreiro or Souhan or Ruesse because chances are they will be wetting themselves at the opportunity to take more shots.

Love watching games played in the elements, so have to go with the Pinstripe. Hope it snows.

I live in Minnesota now, but am originally from Michigan and subsequently am there Christmas week annually. Outside of rooting for Rose Bowls and general success, I've been DYING for them to come to Detroit one year!

I'm indifferent. Let's lace them up and get another 60 minutes in maroon and gold to the seniors.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z4tqij8zsOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Don't get the deserving/undeserving bit. It's just one frick'n football game that gets lost among a couple dozen or so other games. Outside of the big playoff bowls does anyone think that the rest of the nation breathlessly follows these games. I want to see the Gophers play again if possible. I would guess most of the team wants to keep playing football. The extra practice time is valuable. If someone is "embarrassed" that's fine. Don't watch or pay attention. Listen to Barreiro or Souhan or Ruesse because chances are they will be wetting themselves at the opportunity to take more shots.

Men after your own heart huh?

I'd love (ok, really like) a chance to play Miami outdoors in late December in NYC. Maybe 25 degrees and some snow?

It would be great fun.

I want to avoid Detroit, not because it's Detroit, but because we might end up facing a MAC team. The ACC is going to be short one team in their bowl lineup, and who knows whether they send that final team (likely Duke) to Detroit or Shreveport. The Pac-12 might send one of their extra 6-6 teams to the Independence Bowl, so the ACC might see that as a better fit than a 5-7 Minnesota.

Is either on CBS, ABC, NBC or Fox? If not, don't care

Thanks for your knowledge on how the bowl system works.
ESPN/ABC controls the bowls almost entirely. CBS/CBSN has two minor bowls. EVERY SINGLE OTHER bowl game is on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC.

Thanks for your knowledge on how the bowl system works.
ESPN/ABC controls the bowls almost entirely. CBS/CBSN has two minor bowls. EVERY SINGLE OTHER bowl game is on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC.

Think he was being sarcastic (to bad there's no way to tell :roll eyes: )

Somebody else mentioned this earlier in one of the many Bowl Games threads. The inaugural NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl will be broadcast on the Sinclair Networks Group. That might be Channel 23 in the Cities.

Can't see how you could have overlooked that one. ;)

Top Bottom