Kill helped with Iowa State Search

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i'll put money on it that Kill coaches college football at some point in the future.

He might be involved at some point, but I don't think he will ever be a HC again.

He might be involved at some point, but I don't think he will ever be a HC again.

Agree, he will almost certainly get back into football in some way but he won't do it as a head coach, at least not at the Division 1 level.

I don't think so. He isn't able to delegate and as a result just cannot coach and take care of his health both.

If he is smart he will not coach again.....maybe youth football.

I think Kill is smart.

And they landed Matt Campbell. Nice work Jerry Kill.

Makes you wonder if there is a connection with Pollard and the AD job.

I wonder how Kill and Pollard know each other?

They might have met when Jerry Kill was at NIU and the Huskies played the Cyclones in Ames. It was the year that Brewster was let go and Kill was hired in December.

Go Gophers!!

They might have met when Jerry Kill was at NIU and the Huskies played the Cyclones in Ames. It was the year that Brewster was let go and Kill was hired in December.

Go Gophers!!

They were introduced through mutual friend Northwestern's Williams.
Pollard immediately called Kill after Chizek packed his bags and offered him the ISU job.
They had a great conversation, Kill declined, and have been friends since.

They were introduced through mutual friend Northwestern's Williams.
Pollard immediately called Kill after Chizek packed his bags and offered him the ISU job.
They had a great conversation, Kill declined, and have been friends since.

Thanks for sharing the above information!

Go Gophers!!

Makes you wonder if there is a connection with Pollard and the AD job.

You do not want Pollard as Minnesota's AD. Pollard is the AD form of Tim Brewster. As a matter of fact, Pollard was calling out fans via Twitter this morning for not supporting the hire of Campbell.

Saw this a few days ago and for some reason it kind of rubs me the wrong way. I don't think anyone thought Kill would stay away from football forever...but the season that he walked away for health reasons and he is already 'consulting' other teams. I was also surprised to see him at the Wisconsin game, honestly. I respect the reason for resigning and I know the emotional hole that he must be feeling is huge. I don't think sticking a toe back in the pool this soon does anyone any favors though- especially Claeys. This is becoming a weird situation.

Saw this a few days ago and for some reason it kind of rubs me the wrong way. I don't think anyone thought Kill would stay away from football forever...but the season that he walked away for health reasons and he is already 'consulting' other teams. I was also surprised to see him at the Wisconsin game, honestly. I respect the reason for resigning and I know the emotional hole that he must be feeling is huge. I don't think sticking a toe back in the pool this soon does anyone any favors though- especially Claeys. This is becoming a weird situation.
I would wager a bet that if we took a poll, only a small majority of fans would think it's weird. Taking a few stress-free phone calls from the comfort of your living room isn't exactly "diving back into the waters." Kill being at the Wisconsin game to send off the seniors he recruited is also only weird to a select few.

I would wager a bet that if we took a poll, only a small majority of fans would think it's weird. Taking a few stress-free phone calls from the comfort of your living room isn't exactly "diving back into the waters." Kill being at the Wisconsin game to send off the seniors he recruited is also only weird to a select few.

Yeah I think some are reading way too much into this. It is not like Kill was the search firm or was on contract with ISU to help hire the new coach. He gave some advice about potential candidates to a friend, it would be a little weird if he were doing this while still the head coach at Minnesota, but as a retired former coach he is free to do what he wants.

I agree. He isn't dead. He just has to lower stress and live his life.

Overthinking this. He took phone call and gave his advise on a few coaches. Can't blame him, it's not treason for him to talk to people he knows in college football outside of the U of M

Overthinking this. He took phone call and gave his advise on a few coaches. Can't blame him, it's not treason for him to talk to people he knows in college football outside of the U of M

Yep, my guess as well. Probably just called him up and asked his thoughts on a few coaches.

Is it safe to say that the "Jerrysota" flag has been mothballed?

He's also helping Southern Illinois with their search.

Top Bottom