Jerry Palm Bowl Projections (Minnesota: Pinstripe vs. N.C. State)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Palm:

BIG TEN BOWLS
Indiana: Foster Farms vs. USC
Iowa: Rose vs. Stanford
Michigan: Citrus vs. Ole Miss
Michigan State: Cotton vs. Alabama
Minnesota: Pinstripe vs. N.C. State
Nebraska: Armed Forces vs. Air Force
Northwestern: Outback vs. Tennessee
Ohio State: Fiesta vs. Houston
Penn State: Music City vs. Georgia
Wisconsin: Holiday vs. Utah

http://btn.com/2015/11/30/bowl-projections-10-big-ten-teams-make-jerry-palms-latest-list/

Go Gophers!!

holding out hope they end up in the Pizza Bowl in Detroit, may be able to swing that trip... not going to NYC the day after Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohio State is finishing ahead of Iowa in the polls. Not sure on what logic you can have MSU in the playoffs and Iowa in the Rose Bowl. Iowa is going to the Fiesta or Peach.

per Palm:

BIG TEN BOWLS
Indiana: Foster Farms vs. USC
Iowa: Rose vs. Stanford
Michigan: Citrus vs. Ole Miss
Michigan State: Cotton vs. Alabama
Minnesota: Pinstripe vs. N.C. State
Nebraska: Armed Forces vs. Air Force
Northwestern: Outback vs. Tennessee
Ohio State: Fiesta vs. Houston
Penn State: Music City vs. Georgia
Wisconsin: Holiday vs. Utah

http://btn.com/2015/11/30/bowl-projections-10-big-ten-teams-make-jerry-palms-latest-list/

Go Gophers!!

If we do go to a bowl, I was hoping for a bit easier of an opponent. I'd probably consider going to the Armed Forces in Ft. Worth (like the town) but I don't think I'd go to the Bronx at that time of year. I'd consider going to Detroit because that is inside.

holding out hope they end up in the Pizza Bowl in Detroit, may be able to swing that trip... not going to NYC the day after Christmas

There is at least one other projection that has the Gophers going to the Motor City, uh.. Little Caesars Pizza Bowl uh, no...oh yeah the Quick Lane Bowl!

I'm guessing this Minnesota-NC State bowl game would have more people in the stands watching than the 847 people that were at Pro Player Stadium in 2000, one of which was me.

I'll take it. I have relatives that went to NCSU. Would be fun to wager.

Wonder what comes in the Quick Lane grab bag for the players... free tire rotation/oil change coupons??

Ohio State is finishing ahead of Iowa in the polls. Not sure on what logic you can have MSU in the playoffs and Iowa in the Rose Bowl. Iowa is going to the Fiesta or Peach.

Maybe it's just me, but I think tOSU is the best team in the B1G. MSU is next and the only other team in the conference in shouting distance of the Buckeyes. For whatever reason, the Buckeyes didn't play that crisply this season, but they have tremendous talent.

Wonder what comes in the Quick Lane grab bag for the players... free tire rotation/oil change coupons??

Last year the announced attendance was 23,876. They could give everybody in the stands a coupon. That might cost them $15-20K. At best.. :D

The 2014 Quick Lane Bowl gift bag was valued at $550. It included:
1) Sony headphones,
2) $250 Best Buy gift card,
3) Bowl Apparel,
4) A football and
5) a customized Fathead for each player.....which was a popular item for the players.

would they decline if offered? it has been done before, let's get this fiasco of a season over with

The 2014 Quick Lane Bowl gift bag was valued at $550. It included:
1) Sony headphones,
2) $250 Best Buy gift card,
3) Bowl Apparel,
4) A football and
5) a customized Fathead for each player.....which was a popular item for the players.

That's cool. Surprisingly nothing to do with the main sponsor heh, but def cool for the kids

It wouldn't surprise me if the B1G campaigns somewhat for Iowa to play in the Rose over tOSU. They've had a longer time since their last Rose Bowl and they did win the B1G West. The Rose might say no thanks and take Ohio State but it shouldn't surprise anyone if Iowa is in the Rose Bowl.

It wouldn't surprise me if the B1G campaigns somewhat for Iowa to play in the Rose over tOSU. They've had a longer time since their last Rose Bowl and they did win the B1G West. The Rose might say no thanks and take Ohio State but it shouldn't surprise anyone if Iowa is in the Rose Bowl.

Committee essentially already said they're taking the next highest ranked team in the CFP rankings. It's not going to be Iowa if they lose. Ohio State is going to finish 5th (at worst 6th). The committee is going to crush Iowa if they lose because of their SOS. I wouldn't be surprised to see them down around 8-10.

If we do go to a bowl, I was hoping for a bit easier of an opponent. I'd probably consider going to the Armed Forces in Ft. Worth (like the town) but I don't think I'd go to the Bronx at that time of year. I'd consider going to Detroit because that is inside.

Easier than a 3-5 ACC team? Anything weaker than that in postseason play leaves us in a position where even if we blow them out, we still look silly, and a loss is humiliating. NC State would be a team we should be able to beat while still being a legitimate power 5 team that we can be proud of beating.

I would take any of the three bowl games If the gophers are the home team and are they the home team in any?

I'm guessing this Minnesota-NC State bowl game would have more people in the stands watching than the 847 people that were at Pro Player Stadium in 2000, one of which was me.

Yet you clearly didn't answer Mason's please for someone, anyone to cover Koren Robinson, did you?

Easier than a 3-5 ACC team? Anything weaker than that in postseason play leaves us in a position where even if we blow them out, we still look silly, and a loss is humiliating. NC State would be a team we should be able to beat while still being a legitimate power 5 team that we can be proud of beating.

If the Gophers lost to Central Michigan in a bowl game, you'd feel humiliated?

If the Gophers beat N.C. State in a bowl game, you'd feel proud?

Right Now...

If the Gophers lost to Central Michigan in a bowl game, you'd feel humiliated?

If the Gophers beat N.C. State in a bowl game, you'd feel proud?

I'd be very happy if we beat anybody!

Top Bottom